PDA

View Full Version : I need help! Im soo Confused!

Chris58
02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Ok, I have four Eclipse 250w speakers, I was wondering if I hooked up a 400w 4 channel amp to these speakers, if I would be able to turn the bass all the way off of them? Thanks for any help

Macklessdaddy
02-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Ok, I have four Eclipse 250w speakers, I was wondering if I hooked up a 400w 4 channel amp to these speakers, if I would be able to turn the bass all the way off of them? Thanks for any help
you sure the hell are confused,explain the situation better

Imshirazy
02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
you should be able to control that with your head unit
if you mean on the speakers through the amp, tell us what amp you have

Chris58
02-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I have the bass turned down all the way on the head unit. But when I play rap music, the outercone of the speaker hits the little tweeterpart and makes a loud popping noise. The amp I bought is a Boss 400w

~Magick_Man~
02-09-2007, 01:03 AM
what headunit do you have?
you should be able to change the crossover point between the sub and speakers.
but your particular deck might not have that option.

~Magick_Man~

Rich B
02-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I have the bass turned down all the way on the head unit. But when I play rap music, the outercone of the speaker hits the little tweeterpart and makes a loud popping noise. The amp I bought is a Boss 400w

You're clipping the amp.

Look up the gain setting tutorial on this forum in the wiring, electrical and installation section.

enzowho
02-09-2007, 04:12 AM
You're clipping the amp.
Look up the gain setting tutorial on this forum in the wiring, electrical and installation section.
That's what I was thinking too. Also, you can adjust your high pass filter to prevent your speakers from bottoming out. This can be done on your head unit (if you have the option) or on your amplifier. A typical range is somewhere between 60 and 80 Hz.