PDA

View Full Version : what to look for

solidcrowd
02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I was wondering what specs to look at in a head unit for great sound quality, im upgrading my front speakers but am not going to buy an amp to power them , and i already have speakers in the back and are powered by n amp.

billabongcr
02-08-2007, 07:26 PM
walmart has the best deals

:hilariou:

zSnb
02-09-2007, 01:51 AM
If you dont plan on amping the speakers then you might as well go for which ever head unit looks the coolest. :blush:

solidcrowd
02-09-2007, 04:21 PM
If you dont plan on amping the speakers then you might as well go for which ever head unit looks the coolest. :blush:

Well i was looking at some other threads and it said a crappy headunit causes bad sound quality or something like that and was just checking to see if thats true

zSnb
02-10-2007, 12:15 AM
If you absolutely must go without an amplifier, then the specs you need to look at are the equalizer, time alignment, crossover options, and other small tweaks. Im personally a fan of the Pioneers. I've owned an Eclipse CD5000 and an Alpine 9853. After switching to Pioneer im not going back. You can get the most tweekability and sound options for the money you're going to spend. If you dont plan on using an amp then your head unit is going to have an even smaller effect on your sound quality. Since that is the case i would recommend the Pioneer Premier 590ib. High quality deck with alot of sound options for under $200. Go for it.

iceteebone
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
why are you amping the rears and not the fronts? you got it backwards son

pwuthedon
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
why are you amping the rears and not the fronts? you got it backwards son

it happens