PDA

View Full Version : Components for JL 300/2

04Runner
02-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey, I got a JL 300/2 and looking for a 6.5 component set for 03 4Runner. I was going to go with JL XR component and coxials with a 300/4, but decided to sell that to a friend (the 300/4) and just go with the 2-channel.

So my questions is: What components can handle this amp (150x2) and would be in my sub $200 budget.

CDT 61-A's for $169.99
Diamond Audio's

Anything else?

chucku
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Im running 150x 2 to my MB quarts and their loving it. 2 weeks ago it was my sub amp, now its running my components. Gotta love POWER! Alpine comps should be able to handle it as well. Just about any quality comps can run on that power. Proper adjustment of you gain on the amp is important. Most use meters. Im too dumb and cheap, so turn up the gains till you hear distortion and or popping of the mids and then back off a little. **** Ive been underpowering my comps for 5 yrs or more!:crazy:

zSnb
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
I personally have the XR's and they are beautiful. They play crystal clear and they can take some power also. The midbass is the most detailed I've ever heard and they are pretty powerful. If you want something with very powerful midbass, go for the the Crystal SSCS6's. They can be had for about $160 and i hear the midbass is rediculous with about 150rms and up. Actually, now that i think of it, you can have the best of both by going with the Premier 720prs. The midbass on those speakers will trounce you and the detail is almost on par with the XR's. Im about to buy some of the 720's myself.