PDA

View Full Version : No Sound

TheBaron929
02-07-2007, 12:48 AM
A buddy of mine recently got an Alpine Headunit (have to check on the model). He installed it (having no real experience w/ car audio - instead just basic electrical) but he isn't gettin any sound to his speakers. I checked it out for him to make sure he'd wired it correctly & i can't find any problems. I did a quick swap and sure enough the speakers get sound from my older panasonic head unit...

what could it be? all of the HU fuses are perfectly fine, the head unit powers up and responds to all the buttons being pushed, just doesn't give off any sound....

help!

KaeZoo
02-07-2007, 09:10 AM
If one head unit works fine and the other doesn't, assuming they're wired the same, then you've got a defective head unit.

pellis
02-07-2007, 09:34 AM
i ran into a problem like this a while back when i got my cda-9855. i thought that it was defective until i got in contact with the seller. i dont know what model your friend is using, but give this a try. there is a function under general settings called power-ic. if he doesn't have an amp connected make sure that this feature is turned on, but if he has speakers powered by an amp, make sure this feature is off. this worked for me and hopefully it will work for you. on page 29 in the CDA-9855 manual. g*luck

TheBaron929
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
awesome pellis - i told him what you told me & it worked like a charm apparently.

Thanks a lot