PDA

View Full Version : Box help for 2 13W7s

Intrepid Bass
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Looking for a box design for 2 13" W7's as said in title.

I'm confused because on the SQ aspect I was thinking sealed. Would these do alright in a ported box?

I really want to get the most out of them from the box design and use it for daily, and if I decide to compete use it for SPL burps and what not.

So if you have anytime could you help me out on what it should be tuned to or just post a link to one that you could make real quick that would be great also.

For the amp part I'm thinking on a RF 2001BD.

wcarson8911
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
with a properly designed ported box you can get really close to having the SQ of a sealed box. But if you want to compete you could have 2 boxes. one sealed and one ported tune more to SPL

Intrepid Bass
02-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah I was told tthat having a higher tuned box my lows woulden't sound to good so I'm leaning toward something tuned to 35hz as suggested

Anyone else?

kickerlivinloud
02-05-2007, 08:16 PM
with a properly designed ported box you can get really close to having the SQ of a sealed box. But if you want to compete you could have 2 boxes. one sealed and one ported tune more to SPL

A properly tuned ported box will have better SQ then sealed. I have found this to be true at least. Tune the box low, like 32Hz and below. I've run boxes at 28,29,35,43,45 and sealed. I loved the SQ and the low's the 28, and 29Hz boxes gave me.

Jon

Intrepid Bass
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Can anyone put one together on a box calculator real quick? I'd really appreciate it.