PDA

View Full Version : box help

rain377
01-22-2003, 08:34 PM
ok i know the wiring and **** to set everything up. the only problem i have when designing the box for it is how to make the holes for the speakers. i dont have any fancy equipment or anything and need a simple way to make at least decent hole to mount the speakers in.

picklekx
01-23-2003, 06:33 AM
Get a compass and set it to the radius of your subs cut out. then mark the place on the box were you want you sub to be centered. Make your circle and then cut it out with a jig saw.

rain377
01-23-2003, 01:43 PM
ok thanks maybe i actually did have the right technique. however its hard to get a perfect circle with a jigsaw. thats how i was doing it before and the hole didnt really look like circles.

Savant
01-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Did you draw a circle first? You can't really cut a circle by eyeball, not easilly..

If the speakers were new, you should have gotten a template.. if you don't want to keep them (templates) you can glue them on and cut around them.. or use them to draw the circles..

I used a jig saw on mine, not perfect but pretty nice.. just go slow and keep the dust off your line while you are cutting to make sure you stay on it..