PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9830 Built in EQ Parametric Quick Question

chopstick89
02-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Hello,

I just have a quick question about how the Parametric EQ works. Its 4 band with 3 adjustable Q's.

The Q seems to determine effect on the and 3 being the least. Am I correct on this?

Am I only able to pick one frequency out of a band to adjust?

Example, Band 3 gives me 2k, 4k, 6k. When I touch 4k and set on say -3db then move to 6k, it continues from -3db and not from 0 which leads me to believe I can only choose 1 of those 3 frequencies to adjust. Meaning I can only have 4 different adjustments, 1 for each band? Is this correct?

Thanks for the help! :)

Clean Sound
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I had the 9830 and can explain. The Q represents the width of the adjustment with 1 being the widest and 3 being the thinest. So I believe you are correct in your thinking. You are also correct in your thinking that you can only adjust one frequency in each of the four bands. This is called centering the frequncy but remember the Q will stretch the width to the surrounding frequencies.

chopstick89
02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I had the 9830 and can explain. The Q represents the width of the adjustment with 1 being the widest and 3 being the thinest. So I believe you are correct in your thinking. You are also correct in your thinking that you can only adjust one frequency in each of the four bands. This is called centering the frequncy but remember the Q will stretch the width to the surrounding frequencies.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. I guess it will be time for a new HU soon for more tuning control :)

chucku
02-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I wondered the same thing. It ***** that you can only controll one. I am also looking for a new head unit. I want one thats as easy as the alpine to controll my i-pod.