PDA

View Full Version : Volume/displacement question

badboyzx2
01-21-2003, 09:38 PM
I am going to build a box for my Shocker SS, 2.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 35. I know that you half to to add the speaker displacement, do I also have to add port displacement? For example (these numbers are all random), I want a 2.5 cube box. The speaker displaces .5 cube. Then I would need a to start with a 3 cube box, right? Then say there is .5 cube of port space. Would my total box size half to be 3.5 cubes then? Thanks for any help and sorry if this is confusing.

Rockman
01-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by badboyzx2
I am going to build a box for my Shocker SS, 2.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 35. I know that you half to to add the speaker displacement, do I also have to add port displacement? For example (these numbers are all random), I want a 2.5 cube box. The speaker displaces .5 cube. Then I would need a to start with a 3 cube box, right? Then say there is .5 cube of port space. Would my total box size half to be 3.5 cubes then? Thanks for any help and sorry if this is confusing.

Yes you need to account for speaker displacement and port displacement.

evo2k3
01-22-2003, 09:25 AM
dont forget to calc the port displacment as if the ports were solid, not hollow objects.

badboyzx2
01-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys, I think I can do it now.