PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Compustar alarm experience enter please.

TypeRBass
01-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Allright my alarm just went stupid on me last night...
its a compustar 1WAM-A
left my house, unarmed/unlocked with the alarm remote...
got home hit the arm/lock button, nothing happened, like it just gave up.

did some troubleshooting today.
relay is fine.
everythings getting power
no blown fuses.

when i try to reprogram my remotes thinking that was the problem. i do the acc to on 5 times and the lights blink once...hit lock...nothing, then a few seconds later my lights flash twice.

and i cant get the remotes to program with the alarm.

not sure if its a brain issue now.

double checked all the **** wiring to it too. everythings a-ok..
worked flawlessly for over a year until last night :-\

any help? :(

loud1500
02-01-2007, 07:35 PM
mine did that right after it was installed. had to get a new brain

ngsm13
02-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Compustar.

Lawl.

nG

azbass
02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
change the battery on the remote?

gl0ck
02-04-2007, 09:51 AM
go Dei or check the antenna?

pimpedout97x
02-04-2007, 09:58 AM
x2 dei ftw

TypeRBass
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
well i ended up fixing it. brain was shot. their technical support is a bunch of useless ****s also. they were 0 help to me.

pimpedout97x
02-04-2007, 10:34 AM
same as when mine was defective, thats why i said go DEI

TypeRBass
02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
their technical support kept telling me it was my antenna/antenna wire.....and they wouldnt suggest anything else and i told em i checked it but they said 'nope you must have missed something'

idiots...

pimpedout97x
02-04-2007, 10:49 AM
lol

Tirefryr
02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
My experience with Compustar is that unless you are an authorized dealer/installer, they don't want to have anything to do with you.

Mine was doing the exact same thing, but only when it was very cold out. funny thing is, my past 3 alarms have acted this way (compustar, viper, prestige). I just installed an Autopage on a buddy's car and it works flawless. We'll see how it does over time.

In all my years installing alarms, Alpine and Prestige have served me the best.

00poop6x
02-04-2007, 02:50 PM
My experience with Compustar is that unless you are an authorized dealer/installer, they don't want to have anything to do with you.

Mine was doing the exact same thing, but only when it was very cold out. funny thing is, my past 3 alarms have acted this way (compustar, viper, prestige). I just installed an Autopage on a buddy's car and it works flawless. We'll see how it does over time.

In all my years installing alarms, Alpine and Prestige have served me the best.

I second that. They like to talk to installers that are authorized, not Joe Blows who bought a used alarm or one off eGay and installed it themselves. That being said, act like you are an installer of a shop that is authorized. Their alarm brains are very sensitive, they like to see a lot of diodes:crap: .

TypeRBass
02-04-2007, 06:53 PM
I second that. They like to talk to installers that are authorized, not Joe Blows who bought a used alarm or one off eGay and installed it themselves. That being said, act like you are an installer of a shop that is authorized. Their alarm brains are very sensitive, they like to see a lot of diodes:crap: .

True I hear you on that one. Only reason I have a compustar in there is due to when i went down to II for school. They gave everyone for free for us to install down there. Eh, and it was reallllllllly cold out when it started acting up. Eh. I have to call them and see if they're going to want to warranty the brain for me.

Lil Poot
02-04-2007, 08:48 PM
never had to warranty anything through compustar, but i've had nothing but good luck with their alarms. 900fm on my trans am and 2w-ss on the explorer. can't touch the range either.