PDA

View Full Version : 88 Chevy Astro Airbags, where to find them?

dinty01
01-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey guys Im looking for alittle guidance, where would I find an airbag setup for an 88 astro van weighing in at about 6500 pounds? I have never looked for these and dont know the reputable manufacturers out there for this stuff. Im thinking I may need to put a stronger rear axle in, it is basically stock.

I was going to sell this van but I cant, I love having it too much, and when I take it to competitions I want it to be very roadworthy. It rides good now but the suspension is maxed out, the front coils are bigger and heavier duty than stock and they are starting to sag, and the rear fiberglass leaf springs(stock ones) and coil over shocks(added on for support) are wearing out.

What are some options? Not looking for "top of the line" here, just something to handle the weight better, and Im definitely not looking to lay frame or anything, just a heavy duty suspension, thanks for any info----Dinty

eg9
02-02-2007, 11:52 PM
call Cool Cars ask for Rick, great guy he will help you with whatever you need

eg9
02-02-2007, 11:52 PM
coolcars.org

dinty01
02-03-2007, 12:00 AM
thanks man, Ill check them out---Dinty

bbrownderville
02-03-2007, 12:06 AM
There are plenty of places to order parts from. Your factory axle otta be able to handle the weight. Some places u might wanna check out r suicidedoors.com, silverstarcustoms.com, ridetech.com, godfathercustoms.com(will need to call them. Stan can hook you up on stuff)

dinty01
02-03-2007, 03:01 PM
thanks man Ill definitly check them out, Im not into the whole mini truckin scene or a scene that really uses airbags that much, I like lifted trucks but no one around here deals with airbags . . . yet, hopefully soon, thanks---Dinty