PDA

View Full Version : help with box

Dylan
01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
well.. i have a ported box for 2 12" that is 3.6cubes tuned at ~35hz. Im getting 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 subs in a few days and i was wondering if i should just keep this box or make a new one? My main concern is SQ, but if it is pretty loud and still sounds great, than that works too. Should i make a new ported or sealed? or keep the one i have?

EDIT

I will be powering them with a Power Acoustik a2400db.

also wondering what the difference in sound will be with a ported/sealed box

mackin13
01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
If your MAIN concern is SQ go to a sealed box. The infinity is a good sub, and will sound great in a sealed box. If you decide to go ported make a new box custom for those subs, its not that hard and fun to do.

Sealed will sound great.

Ported might be a little louder, but if you wanted loud you wouldnt have bought the infitity to begin with. :)

Dylan
01-30-2007, 11:56 PM
do you know where i might be able to find plans? or what do you recomend for the dims and all of that?

thanks

Dylan
01-31-2007, 12:03 AM
sorry another question.. should i just use 1 sub and save some trunk space? what would the difference in 1 or 2 subs be?

kickerlivinloud
01-31-2007, 12:06 AM
If your MAIN concern is SQ go to a sealed box. The infinity is a good sub, and will sound great in a sealed box. If you decide to go ported make a new box custom for those subs, its not that hard and fun to do.

Sealed will sound great.

Ported might be a little louder, but if you wanted loud you wouldnt have bought the infitity to begin with. :)

Disagree. If you want some excelent SQ and some decent loudness, port it low. I've run multipul boxes at 28,29Hz with amazing results. They are amazingly accurate and sound beautiful, that is if you can here the bass above all the rattles from your car:blackeye:

I recenetly had my 8W7 in a sealed box, HATED it!!! I put it in a box at 29Hz and OMG! sweet love, even with the fastest double bass drums, it didn't miss a beat, and it would just shake the crap out of my truck with wicked lows. If you want some great SQ and some loudness, port low.

Jon

Dylan
02-01-2007, 12:59 AM
bump