PDA

View Full Version : I Have A 15'sub In A Sealed Box,can I Put A Ported One Also For The Spl

COMP-X
01-21-2003, 10:45 AM
MY COMP-X SUB IS IN A 1CUBFT SEALED BOX AND IT HITS HARD,BUT I WANT TO PUT A PORTED BOX ALSO FOR THE SPL STUFF WITH ANOTHER COMP-X SUB??IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR WILL IT MESS THE SOUND UP?????

Matt0528
01-23-2003, 07:22 PM
if the manufacter says to put the sub in a 1.0 cu ft PORTED box
go for it
but usually to get better sound... the ported box has to be bigger than the sealed one
i dont think u will be happy with the sound if u just port it
go get a bigger ported box or just leave it as is.. u say it hits hard already
but i wouldnt port that small of a box for a 15

Randy Savage
01-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by COMP-X
MY COMP-X SUB IS IN A 1CUBFT SEALED BOX AND IT HITS HARD,BUT I WANT TO PUT A PORTED BOX ALSO FOR THE SPL STUFF WITH ANOTHER COMP-X SUB??IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR WILL IT MESS THE SOUND UP????? You mean you want to put another sub in there with the existing one in a ported box, having one sub in a sealed and one in a ported? That would probably sound like ***;)

80_Cutlass_mn
01-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by COMP-X
MY COMP-X SUB IS IN A 1CUBFT SEALED BOX AND IT HITS HARD,BUT I WANT TO PUT A PORTED BOX ALSO FOR THE SPL STUFF WITH ANOTHER COMP-X SUB??IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR WILL IT MESS THE SOUND UP?????

Puttin sealed and ported together is a big:nono: This will result in lots of cancellationwhi will then =Crappy Sound.

oh and please take off the caps from now on, it annoying really it is.;)