PDA

View Full Version : F-Body Help! Camaro Suspension, Ebay?

Lunchbocks
01-29-2007, 05:56 PM
I would be Extremely reluctant to purchase those items. I can't recall ever hearing of Springtech before. I hate to say it but sometimes you get what you pay for, and in the suspension area I'd hate to be left with a part that lacks quality. The KYB/Eibach setup is a good way to go on a reasonable budget, and both are known and respected companies. I think you'd have a much better result if you go that route.

Unknown eBay parts that have failed for me or personal friends: short throw shifter, blow off valve, tubular header, brake rotors, carbon fiber hood, probably more but I've been there for the installation and failure of these parts and it can really be a headache. Buy it right the first time or you'll end up buying it again.

Alpine CDA-9815
01-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Just remember, you get what you pay for.

After saying that I would wait to get some better stuff, you will only replace these parts every 50,000 miles so there is no reason to go cheap. I would suggest getting some BMR drop springs ($200-230) and some Bilstein struts/shocks.

BoomBoomBoy
01-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Have you had the front end alignment checked yet? That will eat up tires a lot quicker than suspension.

acold7dusta
01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
i got springtech springs on my alero. cheapest springs, yet lower it the most. i would check into a brand like eibach, more money, but better handling (most likely) not dissin the ST though, like others say, you get what you pay for

Alpine CDA-9815
01-29-2007, 08:33 PM
my front end has always been aligned. Alingment always done at Phillips Tire Co., So lemme get this straight:

BMR > Eibach
and
Bilstein > KYB ???

I was thinking i should probably get ball joints , ect swapped out while I am at it too right?
I don't care for the Eibachs, they seem to ride pretty harsh. I went with BMR and Bilstein on my Camaro and I was happy.

BoomBoomBoy
01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
my front end has always been aligned. Alingment always done at Phillips Tire Co., So lemme get this straight:

BMR > Eibach
and
Bilstein > KYB ???

I was thinking i should probably get ball joints , ect swapped out while I am at it too right?

Where in OC do you live? I know a lot better shop than Phillips to get your car aligned in the future.