PDA

View Full Version : opinions on refurb stuff on ebay?

HvNd4Speed
01-28-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm lookin to buy a Pioneer AVIC-N2 (or similar type of fold out, doesnt have to be a Pioneer), ebay is littered with them and the seller is some outlet up in Pa.

Anyways, it clearly states it is was refurbished by Pioneer and has a 90 day manufacturer's warranty.

what do you guys think about refurb products like that?? good? durable? as good or better when it was brand new? please let me know of experiences with that before i drop around $800 + on a new fold out.

Thanks for any input!

Sorry forum admins, i posted in wrong section. Since i was talkin about HU i put it in here but u guys can move it to the general.

smnyes
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
umm go for it . i personaly like refurbished by manufacture. becaus ethey come out better than original

HardCoreSound
01-28-2007, 02:14 PM
i dont like referbs man...if you want a good budget one get a jensen VM9311TS they are pretty good

iceteebone
01-28-2007, 03:18 PM
i wouldn't trust ebay. if you knew for sure pioneer did the refurb, then i'd go for it, but i highly doubt pioneer will warranty something on ebay. that warranty is most likely through that ebay company, and there is a good chance that unit wasn't refurbed by pioneer

tEh koRnDog
01-28-2007, 03:19 PM
i wouldn't trust ebay. if you knew for sure pioneer did the refurb, then i'd go for it, but i highly doubt pioneer will warranty something on ebay. that warranty is most likely through that ebay company, and there is a good chance that unit wasn't refurbed by pioneer

x2

vpkb1998
01-29-2007, 07:48 PM
i just got a refurbished kenwood ddx-8017, it works perfectly and the unit is almost brand new

this unit, brand new sells for $1000.00, i only paid $650.00

jeepintn
01-29-2007, 07:50 PM
its a hit and miss, i personally dont mind, but then again, i dont mind buying used either, which is why i have gotten stuck a few times in bad deals :-\

05fronty
01-29-2007, 07:51 PM
when i worked at best buy some chick brought in a refurbed pioneer radio. her brand new pathfinder burnt to the ground after the radio caught fire. she tried to blame the install but fire marshal determined it was from the radio