PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about pioneers AVH-P5700DVD

VnV Nation
01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
well i looked briefly and found nothing about this in here so ill just ask....

ill be a first time screen owner.. i got a motorized pioneer right now which i like but i want a screen....

whats the general boards thoughts on this http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069872_192089338,00.html

anything i should know of before i take the plunge or is all good with this one..
let me have it. and suggest a better option if you got one for the same price range THANX

napalm
01-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I have had the 5700 for over a year and half. I currently use the first generation ipod module, and haven't had any problems. It is a basic DVD/Screen unit with only two backgrounds. It is easy to bypass the e-brake feature. The EQ features are decent. If a bare bones unit is what you seek, then this is it. It works for me.

trevor87
01-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Great unit love it, its only 6.5" screen tho, and only has 2 backgrounds when playing cds which is kinda boring, other than that great DVD player with good eq and controls

VnV Nation
01-26-2007, 12:44 AM
well put...

for the budget can you recommend anything better? im partial to pioneer but im open to others if they really have more to offer.. i always love more options even if i dont use them all right away.

PepsiFiend69
01-26-2007, 01:27 PM
i had one, it was pretty good, i never used the ipod adapter though. be careful though if you buy used, they tend to come with a nasty case of engine noise. but if you're just looking for bare bones i'd recomend it.

the only issue i had with it, was occasionally when it was cold the screen wouldn't come out. and other times it'd come out real slow.

that was the only real issue i had with it. good unit all around though.

CarAmpsonline
01-26-2007, 02:41 PM
its nice, i like it