PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Tiger Bass
01-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Im pretty sure I know this already, but I just wanted to clear it up. The higher the hz a box is tuned to, the lower the sound will be, correct? Like a box tuned at 28hz will sound much higher than one tuned to 45hz?

jluv
01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Im pretty sure I know this already, but I just wanted to clear it up. The higher the hz a box is tuned to, the lower the sound will be, correct? Like a box tuned at 28hz will sound much higher than one tuned to 45hz?

No.

Chevyaudio
01-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Got it backwards buddy...

The lower the tuning, the lower the box will allow the woofer to play. Well, technically, Some drivers you can throw in a 40hz box and they will play everynote under teh sun (DD comes to mind).

Also the lower you tune a box usually the Frequecy response becomes flatter and doesnt have a peak to it...which is nice for SQ.

Bumpn Focus
01-25-2007, 03:06 PM
^times two.

Tiger Bass
01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Then why do a lot of competitors tune their boxes so high? I guess this is what always confused me. Is it easier to get louder with higher frequencies?

So if I want achieve and bring out those really low notes you hear in bass testers and Phil Collins screwed, I should go more towards 20hz?

Wonger
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Then why do a lot of competitors tune their boxes so high? I guess this is what always confused me. Is it easier to get louder with higher frequencies?

So if I want achieve and bring out those really low notes you hear in bass testers and Phil Collins screwed, I should go more towards 20hz?

So they can get all the bass out of a the woofer, but you can't listen to music on it or you don't want to. Yes it is easier to get louder with a higher frequency