PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought a new h/u

djeazie
01-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Well I finally got rid of my p.o.s. Sony gt500.
I bought a deh-7800 and man am I glad I did! This thing rocks. That sony had no where near the adjustability and the tuner was horrible every channel had static. Not with the Pioneer, crystal clear! Now Im thinking about gettin rid of my rear speakers, buying a nice set of components, and bridgeing my 450.4 to 2 channels. What do you think? And what comps would you guys recommend?

Max_Power
01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
sounds like you have much better performance in mind. I think your ideas are great. as for comps, people on this forum seem to like rainbows. search the classifieds on this site. you'll be surprised on what deals you can find.

Max_Power
01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
where in n.w ohio do you live?

djeazie
01-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I live in Walbridge, Ya know, on the east side of the big ditch!

zSnb
01-25-2007, 01:20 AM
I have the same head unit and for speakers i went ahead and bought a set of JL XR's. They sound great especially once you learn how to tweak your new H/U. I didnt even need to amp them to get people to believe i had a sub. Then once i hooked the amp up they thump so hard you can really feel it in your chest. Alot of people on this forum seem to love the Rainbows and the CDT's although i havent heard either myself. The only other set that I have heard inside a vehicle was the Apline Type X. I honestly thought they sounded kinda lifeless and weak but my buddy loves them.