PDA

View Full Version : Sony Headunit Help

o6blink
01-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I have a Sony CA700X headunit, it's really old. I had it for my old car for 2 years and then this car for another almost 2 years now. I've finally ran into my first problem with it though, my subs. I installed my subs the other day and everything works fine and dandy until I go to play a CD. The power to my amp and subs shut off when I switch modes to play a CD. So the only time the subs punch are on the radio. Is my HU too old or am I not hooking it up right? Here is a link to the HU, one on eBay atleast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CDX-CA700X-CD-Receiver-with-CD-changer-controls_W0QQitemZ250076858045QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3 9763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HvNd4Speed
01-24-2007, 03:17 PM
sounds like u hooked up ur amp to the power antenna lead instead of the amp turn on lead from the sounds of it

cuz when using the radio its gonna kick on the power antenna and in turn its turning on ur amp

so find the other blue wire

hope that helps

Octavio
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm no expert but that stereo been old mean nothing .... my friend is runing a 8 Track with a AMP and Sub

o6blink
01-24-2007, 03:32 PM
sounds like u hooked up ur amp to the power antenna lead instead of the amp turn on lead from the sounds of it

cuz when using the radio its gonna kick on the power antenna and in turn its turning on ur amp

so find the other blue wire

hope that helps

You're right.. lol.

HvNd4Speed
01-24-2007, 08:02 PM
hehe.....easy fix......i actually had a friend with the same problem about a month ago, so that fix was still on my mind...

glad it worked for ya :D