PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide quick...pioneer/eclipse?

racefan15
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I have the option of either a brand new Eclipse 5000 or a reconditioned Pioneer mp780. Both great deck. Eclipse has 8v preouts(3) and pioneer I think is 5v or so.
Eclipse will have a full 1 yr warranty, and poneer only 90 day.
I know the obvious like the eclipse will sound a little better, and pioneer look a little better but what do you all think? It is going in my new 05 mustang gt run off factory incars and 2 type R 12s in trunk off an orion xtr pro 1000....Got to decide in next 2 hrs....thanks

dewitt88
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Eclipse

zSnb
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
pioneer is a nicer deck but its not brand new. and the 8Volt preouts dont mean anything. 8V is too much.

Octavio
01-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I would go for the Eclipse ........... the eclipse is a better show off :D

adam71
01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I would go for the Eclipse ........... the eclipse is a better show off :D

How so?? Its fugly. It has too much screen printing on the face. Not so obvious when the unit is running at night but during the day and when the unit is off it looks like a billboard.

Also, like stated earlier the voltage should NOT have any bearing on this decision as both have ample voltage. Not really any difference between 5 and 8 volts. As far as looks the Pioneer is a clear winner. Performance would be pretty close. I guess I couldn't tell you what to get so I would go with the longer waranty.

myjaja
01-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I have the option of either a brand new Eclipse 5000 or a reconditioned Pioneer mp780. Both great deck. Eclipse has 8v preouts(3) and pioneer I think is 5v or so.
Eclipse will have a full 1 yr warranty, and poneer only 90 day.
I know the obvious like the eclipse will sound a little better, and pioneer look a little better but what do you all think? It is going in my new 05 mustang gt run off factory incars and 2 type R 12s in trunk off an orion xtr pro 1000....Got to decide in next 2 hrs....thanks

The premier has 2 years warranty.... I'll go with the pioneer.

headless
01-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Roughly comparable features; i'd go with the new CD5000.

racefan15
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I took it all into consideration and decided on the Eclipse. I agree with you that say the Pioneer is better for looks, but I dont mind the eclipses either. And I also agree with you all about there isnt much difference between the 5v and 8v. What it came down to was the warranty difference I guess. The Pioneed was refurbished and only 90 days. The eclipse of course is 1 yr with optional 2 yr.
Hopefully i made the right decision and i cant wait to play with the onscreen navigation thing. thanks again