PDA

View Full Version : need an answer quick

lukeduke28
01-23-2007, 02:37 AM
I got my box built almost perfectly, that was when it was outside of the car..

tonite i am loading everything up to be installed tomorrrow and its the first time i tried to put my box in the trunk. extremely bad news, the box doesnt fit.

however, it doesnt fit the way i wanted (subs towards tail lights) but it does fit with the subs up towards the trunk lid. it is a sealed box and im wondering if it will sound too bad. im really lookin for expierence with sealed up firing setups but all helps is welcome..

i searched and most of the threads were about ports facing different ways. so i figured id just ask myself... thanks

geowick07
01-23-2007, 02:40 AM
I had a sealed box facing up in a hatchback, and the only negative effects were that if your trunk/hatch rattles, it will be even more noticeable. But, short of either building a new box or tearing apart the one you have, there aren't many options.
BTW, do your rear seats fold down? Not sure what kind of car you have, but I thought I would ask. Good luck!

M@nJo
01-23-2007, 03:07 AM
in my honda civic with rear seat down, my best box placement was subs firing towards taillights sitting 1 foot away from the lid.

if thats your only box, sounds like you have no choice but to fire them up ;)

hatemonger
01-23-2007, 03:12 AM
you built 1 box, why not build another? if building another box is a pain in the a$$, you've begun probing the wrong hobby.:)

lukeduke28
01-23-2007, 03:22 AM
yea, im gonna build another and possibly port it..

i cant believe i made such a BAD miscalculation, but it happens.

ill post again with pics after its done, but thanks guys