PDA

View Full Version : Omega alarm install in 03 grand am

dirtye30
01-22-2007, 06:56 PM
hey im putting a K-9 sombra in an 03 grand am and i was wondering if i could somehow tap into the lock and unlock wires from the MARS remote start. the grand am has only one white wire for the lock and unlock and i dont rememeber the resistance for the unlock. i also dont have a multimeter at the moment. can somone point me in the right direction?

azbass
01-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Lock is straight negative trigger. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays. MUST close doors to lock with a single pulse.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is between the blower motor and the passenger side kick panel.

dirtye30
01-22-2007, 08:05 PM
why MUST i use relays??? the omega MARS R/S has em built in, at least it should. the blue and green wires coming from the r/s are tapped into the white wire....

azbass
01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
relays are for a better ground, some alarms cant suply a good enough ground to triger the door locks (usually 5 wire. other special cases)

if you do the install without relays and the door locks work. you are good.

if you do the install without relays and the locks dont work. then add relays to provide a better ground, and the locks will magicaly work :)

azbass
01-22-2007, 10:41 PM
and if the alarm only has 2 wires for the locks it probably does NOT have built in relays. and you will most likely need to use relays for a better ground.

if the alarm has 4 wires for the locks then it has relays.

from what i have see/installed.

dirtye30
01-23-2007, 04:22 AM
alarm has 6 wires for locks. 3 lock 3 unlock. they are supposed to go to relays, BUT i was wondering if i could just tap them into the remote start that was already installed.

THUNDERBIRD
01-23-2007, 07:51 AM
alarm has 6 wires for locks. 3 lock 3 unlock. they are supposed to go to relays, BUT i was wondering if i could just tap them into the remote start that was already installed.

so u gonna carry around 2 remotes?? why didnt u just get a new all in 1 unit. but i would think u could tap into those wires. azbass should know.

azbass
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM

you should get a remote start alarm, in one whole unit, instead of adding an alarm to a allready installed remotestarter.

dirtye30
01-24-2007, 02:26 PM
its all on one remote now. you can program a aux channel on the alarm remtoe. so now the remote start works off the alarm. anyways its not my car.