PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ports vs 1 port

Blu84Rex
01-22-2007, 08:46 AM
When I build my box the port length will be close to 30in Instead of having it go to the back and 90 to the side like in my first pic what would be the difference of having 2 15in ports one on each side like the second pic.

Emo
01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Blu84rx,

Port tuning does not work that way. To acheive the same tuning with two ports the port length will actually be twice as long (60in each) as if you used one 30in port.

joetama
01-22-2007, 09:52 AM
If you left both mouth area of the ports the same they would have to be twice as long.

If you cut them in half (making two of them that equal the area of one) they would still have to be 30 inches. You have to look at it as TOTAL port area when you figure out the length of the port.

acold7dusta
01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
If you left both mouth area of the ports the same they would have to be twice as long.

If you cut them in half (making two of them that equal the area of one) they would still have to be 30 inches. You have to look at it as TOTAL port area when you figure out the length of the port.

:iagree: listen to that. correct me if im wrong, but if you wanted to have 2 ports instead of 1, you would have to cut the width in half to make your lengths 15" long.

if your trying to get a "symmetrical" look, just place the port on the bottom/top and put the sub above/below the port

Blu84Rex
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Well how would it be any different then using 2 4"aero ports vs 2 sloted ports. Sorry if its a stupid question. And is there a tut on making the round porst. I read somewhere that if you use polyfill that it would trick the sub into thinking that its in a larger box, is this true or a myth. If it is true than what is the ratio for the polyfill to added space.

Lakota
01-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Well how would it be any different then using 2 4"aero ports vs 2 sloted ports.

It's not really different, however aeroports are usually mounted near eachother rather than symmetrical. I personally prefer to have the port(s) right next to eachother.

helotaxi
01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
With the same total port area, the dual ports will actully need to be longer than the single.