PDA

View Full Version : TCAB Box's

chartman18
01-22-2007, 02:22 AM
How do you make a TCAB box with the port on the side if the subs are facing forwards, because I cant seem to find any box plans in this forum thread about that kind of design. Im curious to how they are made so I can expand on ideas of fitting 2 subs into my small trunk, since I doubt I could with a normal L box design. Anybody have any inputs and suggestions, ideas? Pics would be cool to show too.

tommyk90
01-22-2007, 02:26 AM
There's nothing really scientific to it. You just figure out how much port length you need and have the port fire out to the side instead of from the front.

Death By Bass
01-22-2007, 02:27 AM
tcab = nothing special

chartman18
01-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Finish the title? YAY

TCAB Box's **** and he steals all your monies

Haha, thank you for that. Im wondering whys your opinion of them is that they ****?

How are the designs made?

Alright, I think I kinda get it. Im not used to how to form ideas for box building. How do you figure out the length of the port you need for your kinda subs and hz's and such? For example, if I had my max measurements all planned out, and I wanted to put in say 2 subs, Type-R's, how do I achieve figuring out what the cu.ft. of the inside is, port length, hertz, and that confusing mumbo jumbo? I built my first box based off a plan in the Box Plan's thread. I wanna try to go custom so I can be able to fit another sub.

Death By Bass
01-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Haha, thank you for that. Im wondering whys your opinion of them is that they ****?

How is the designs made?

Whats different between TCAB's and normal ported custom box's like those in the Box Plan's thread?

difference = the price :)

jj4475
01-22-2007, 03:00 AM

How are the designs made?

Alright, I think I kinda get it. Im not used to how to form ideas for box building. How do you figure out the length of the port you need for your kinda subs and hz's and such? For example, if I had my max measurements all planned out, and I wanted to put in say 2 subs, Type-R's, how do I achieve figuring out what the cu.ft. of the inside is, port length, hertz, and that confusing mumbo jumbo? I built my first box based off a plan in the Box Plan's thread. I wanna try to go custom so I can be able to fit another sub.
theres a couple websites calc sry dont got the links

JohnnyChuttz
01-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Here you go, most of the calculators you will ever need.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#wed

Now all you need to do is decide which subs, how big you want your box, and what tuning frequency.

mattf
01-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Here's another one that I like to use.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

PowerNaudio
01-22-2007, 05:47 AM
you got pm!

chartman18
01-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Wowww, thanks for those links guys, I didnt even know they had those, lol.

What is the 'Woofer Xmax' and 'Driver Displacement'? If say I want my box to be about 4-5 cu.ft. for 2 12" Type-R's, how would I go about doing that using the second box plans link mattff provided.

coolahan
01-22-2007, 09:47 PM
T otal
C on
A rtist
B iattttch