PDA

View Full Version : pioneer problem

path2spl
01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
i have the premier DEH-780 and i had no ground noise untill i took my sub box,amp and second battery out so i can make a second floor. i disconnected the gound for my interior amp and made sure no wires were touching. now my problem is now i have ground noise. i dont know how it happened either. the only thing i can think it would be is that i clicked my car to ACC to turn my interior lights on then turned the key off. after that i smelled a buring smell. very faint though. i took out my head unit and smelled the back of it and found thats where the burning smell was comming from. what could of caused this???

ultimate157
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
i have the premier DEH-780 and i had no ground noise untill i took my sub box,amp and second battery out so i can make a second floor. i disconnected the gound for my interior amp and made sure no wires were touching. now my problem is now i have ground noise. i dont know how it happened either. the only thing i can think it would be is that i clicked my car to ACC to turn my interior lights on then turned the key off. after that i smelled a buring smell. very faint though. i took out my head unit and smelled the back of it and found thats where the burning smell was comming from. what could of caused this???

You said you took out your rear amps. Did your RCA's ground out or touch anything? Most likely the cause right there.

If everything else works, then go ahead and try this:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147694&highlight=alternator+whine

path2spl
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
i only took out the sub amp and disconnected the interior amp ground. the RCA's were still intact. i cant do that cause all my rca preouts are on wires lol

97cavy
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Ive had multiple problems with my pioneer 7700 and ground noise. After some reseach i found a guy who said he knew what the problem was and i sent it out to him, should have it back soon to see if its a fix, but i believe he said it has something to do with a weak ground point on the circuit board of the newer pionners.

My deck would work fine for a while and then all of a sudden it would mess up

ultimate157
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
i only took out the sub amp and disconnected the interior amp ground. the RCA's were still intact. i cant do that cause all my rca preouts are on wires lol

You can still do it just fine. Jut get longer wires.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198477&page=2

ultimate157
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Ive had multiple problems with my pioneer 7700 and ground noise. After some reseach i found a guy who said he knew what the problem was and i sent it out to him, should have it back soon to see if its a fix, but i believe he said it has something to do with a weak ground point on the circuit board of the newer pionners.

My deck would work fine for a while and then all of a sudden it would mess up

Yes, thats the problem. My way was a free fix for me, as I had extra wire laying around.

path2spl
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
wow grounding out the RCA's really works solved my prob like a charm. thank you