PDA

View Full Version : 3 way fire standards? 3 10" L7s

VnV Nation
01-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Im looking to have a box made for my 99 monte and what i have in mind is what anyone else wants... the most power with the least room.
i used to have 2 10" kicker L7s in a vented box which fit like a dream but i still had room. but now im looking for a future 1 covers all setup.

After some exploring i discovered that 2 12" L7s will not fit unless i sacrifice a vent or use 2 boxs :crap:
so i decided to possibly take a 3 way route. i was thinking a standard 3 way fire box (1 forward 2 at opposite 45s) with a vent running long way at the back bottom of the enclosure... so it would vent into my car when the seats were down. for these specfic speakers what are the demands for size so i can do a mock up of the box to see if itll even fit, and is that a viable vent idea that i had.

Im open to suggestions...

Bumpn Focus
01-21-2007, 09:55 AM
It would be better to have the port/vent firing towards the trunk. It'll be louder that way.

VnV Nation
01-21-2007, 10:13 AM
It would be better to have the port/vent firing towards the trunk. It'll be louder that way.

in that case could how could i aim the vent at the trunk while using a 3 way...

Bumpn Focus
01-21-2007, 10:46 AM
figure out a different way to do the box.

rpfuror
01-21-2007, 10:47 AM
in that case could how could i aim the vent at the trunk while using a 3 way...

mmm.. you can keep all the drivers in the same box area and slot port it to the side. Give some more info (like dimensions you working with) and people I'm sure will chime in.

PSturmer
01-21-2007, 10:59 AM

its hard to say. with my friends l7 15'' in a bonneville it was actually louder facing the sub and port to the front of the car.