PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on box type

nismos14
01-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Wondering if I'd see any gains in going from an aero port ported box to a slot ported box if all else remains the same except for the port type. IE: Same tuning etc.

Thanks!

alexacura1
01-21-2007, 01:36 AM
well when i bild my boxs i have realized that ported is a lot better when it comes 2 realey seeing what your subs can do

nismos14
01-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Ok........ but I'm not comparing ported to non-ported so your answer doesn't help me much at all. Thanks for trying though!

Worlddre
01-21-2007, 11:33 AM
no change

rpfuror
01-21-2007, 01:42 PM
^^ agreed, unless you block the port more on one then the other. But if "all things are equal" and designed correctly the performace will be the same.

nismos14
01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys!

PowerNaudio
01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
what it really comes down to is, do you have enough internal volume in the enclosure to give up displacement for a properly sized port? .
if you have enough room for a properly sized port in your enclosure, then there is no need for an aero port. a slot port or round port will provide you with the same effect that an aero port will.

the aero port is design with a very nice radius on both ends of the port to eliminate turbulence and increase air flow, this allows the user to have a smaller port with out port noise.

they are more often and popular used for spl purposes. the reason behind that, is that they will actually have less turbulence and increased air flow, even if they use the port with the proper port area then required. having a port that decreases turbulence and increases air flow. will some times gain them a bit of spl.

but if you don't have any issues giving up displacement for a properly sized port in your enclosure, then a properly sized slot port or round port, will be more then enough for your system.

i hope that helps, im sure i left a couple of things out, but other members will shine in.

nismos14
01-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I have a round port in the box now, I guess its not an aero but I thought those were the same.... flares on the ends etc.