PDA

View Full Version : Question about changing the color on the Eclipse CD4000

ls1pimp
01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
I know this thing is supposed to have 5 LED colors on it, but when i change the color setting, i only get 3 for some reason? Here is what it does when I click the color change button each time, for 5 times. Red, Blue, Blue, Blue, Green. So where are the other 2 colors, and why does it have 3 settings of the same color? :crap: When it turns blue, i click it 2 more times and each time it stays blue, before it goes to the next one. what the hell?

406er
01-20-2007, 11:51 PM
turn on your head lights at night, and look at the other buttons, like the 1 2 3 4 5 6 for the radio tuner and the power butten and such, they will change colours

there Blue and Red, Blue and Green, Red and Red, Orange and Red, and Green and green i think

ls1pimp
01-20-2007, 11:52 PM
turn on your head lights at night, and look at the other buttons, like the 1 2 3 4 5 6 for the radio tuner and the power butten and such, they will change colours

ha really? ok, let me go check.

ls1pimp
01-20-2007, 11:57 PM

there Blue and Red, Blue and Green, Red and Red, Orange and Red, and Green and green i think

well I just checked, and i dont' see any lights at all for the buttons or anything? Just the dials had that light ring, and the big square buttons around them

406er
01-21-2007, 12:10 AM
do u have the headlight dimmer wire hocked up to the HU

ls1pimp
01-21-2007, 12:21 AM
do u have the headlight dimmer wire hocked up to the HU

i don't think the shop hooked it up, when i turn the headlights on nothing dims on the head unit. How do you hook that up if i wanna do it myself? Is it hard?

406er
01-21-2007, 12:23 AM
its a orange and white wire off the HU, not to sure what it would be on your car as i dont know what kinda car u have. perhapps a Fbody judging by your name. the shop should have hooked it up, it wont realy dime lights too much, but ALL the buttens should be back lit

ls1pimp
01-21-2007, 12:35 AM
its a orange and white wire off the HU, not to sure what it would be on your car as i dont know what kinda car u have. perhapps a Fbody judging by your name. the shop should have hooked it up, it wont realy dime lights too much, but ALL the buttens should be back lit

nah, I have an Acura MDX actually. Is it going to be hard to do myself? If so, the labor on this install has a lifetime warranty. I am driving back to college tommorow and don't feel like delaying that. Maybe ill just make them do it over spring break or something.

ls1pimp
01-21-2007, 12:39 AM
also, is there any way to save EQ settings? Everytime i hit the sound button by accident, it erases my eq settings, soooo annoying haha

406er
01-21-2007, 01:12 AM
also, is there any way to save EQ settings? Everytime i hit the sound button by accident, it erases my eq settings, soooo annoying haha

use the remote i guess. do u bump the volume butten and change the bass setting

ls1pimp
01-21-2007, 01:19 AM
use the remote i guess. do u bump the volume butten and change the bass setting

no, im still learning how to use the thing and i keep hitting the "sound" button by accident, and it changes the EQ mode from custom to another mode, then when i go back to custom, it is all back at 0.

BRZguy
01-21-2007, 01:50 AM
there a way to save your EQ. im not sure, but you have to hold the sound button or the EQ button. its either one.

Geezerpoop
01-21-2007, 10:45 AM
My h/u is the same, the shop didn't install it right and the smaller buttons do not illuminate. Just go through the intruction manual to figure out the equalizing. The deck is confusing at first, you just need to take some time to learn everything.

406er
01-21-2007, 12:17 PM
there a way to save your EQ. im not sure, but you have to hold the sound button or the EQ button. its either one.

huh, id didnt say anything in the manual