PDA

View Full Version : Moe Lester's box wrong?!?!

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm fallowing one of the enclosure designs that Moe Lester posted.
http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5cubes34hz75sqin1us.png

I got all my cuts made, but nothing is wanting to match up! I'm having all kind of problems with it. I put it together exactly like the diagram shows, like certains boards being screwed inside of another board as opposed to on the outside. And that was a total mess up. Now I changed it a little and most things line up except the "top and bottom" boards are 2 1/2" too long and the port board is too wide! To make everything fit now, I'm gonna start hacking the "top and bottom" shorter and cut the port peice so it will fit. Also, in the diagram, what on Earth is the measurment by the port that says "22.75" when the port board is only 19.25? Has anyone else built this box to the exact specs it calls for? Is it just me screwin up or is this design flawed all to hell? Help a brotha out!

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm fallowing one of the enclosure designs that Moe Lester posted.
http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5cubes34hz75sqin1us.png

I got all my cuts made, but nothing is wanting to match up! I'm having all kind of problems with it. I put it together exactly like the diagram shows, like certains boards being screwed inside of another board as opposed to on the outside. And that was a total mess up. Now I changed it a little and most things line up except the "top and bottom" boards are 2 1/2" too long and the port board is too wide! To make everything fit now, I'm gonna start hacking the "top and bottom" shorter and cut the port peice so it will fit. Also, in the diagram, what on Earth is the measurment by the port that says "22.75" when the port board is only 19.25? Has anyone else built this box to the exact specs it calls for? Is it just me screwin up or is this design flawed all to hell? Help a brotha out!

everything appears to be correct... you just ****... :) thankyou come again.

edit: yep, checked it all again, its 100% correct, you just **** :) lol

86yota
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
I built the same box and it did the same thing I believe, I thought it was my fault tho. Guess not!

djman37
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
looks right to me.

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 08:35 PM
I built the same box and it did the same thing I believe, I thought it was my fault tho. Guess not!

no, it was your fault, the box is right, assuming you're using 0.75inch MDF...

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 08:37 PM
no, it was your fault, the box is right, assuming you're using 0.75inch MDF... 0.75 doesen't matter.... has nothing to do with it. The measurement are off my over 2inches in some places! Have you made this box before?

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
0.75 doesen't matter.... has nothing to do with it. The measurement are off my over 2inches in some places! Have you made this box before?

no, I ahven't made the box, but the pieces list is correct to the diagram, and it will fit together... so, either your MDF is cut incorrectly, or somehow, you're managing to put it together so incorrectly, that you're somehow off by 2.5inches? maybe we need photos of how its been put together? :p

Safe-N-Sound215
01-20-2007, 08:40 PM
The diagram and cut sheet are correct.

bonesninja
01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
actually every measurement on there is correct... the length of the port is measured smack down the middle of the port path. so even that number is correct. If your top and bottom are off by 2.5".....exactly what dimensions are they?

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
actually every measurement on there is correct... the length of the port is measured smack down the middle of the port path. so even that number is correct. If your top and bottom are off by 2.5".....exactly what dimensions are they?
Why would a measurement in the middle of the port path be needed? The box is is a garage on the other side of base right now. I will post pics and measurments again tomorrow. Anyone else have any opinions?

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Why would a measurement in the middle of the port path be needed? The box is is a garage on the other side of base right now. I will post pics and measurments again tomorrow. Anyone else have any opinions?

we dont need to give opinions... you made it wrong, plain and simple... we can give opinions that we think you're an idiot, but would you really want that? :)

bonesninja
01-20-2007, 08:50 PM

i'm just saying that if you add those 2 numbers up that are in the port....that is your port length. It has EVERYTHING to do with tuning freq.

Belunt
01-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Just showing port length, I double checked the cut sheets everything is good. Make sure that everything gets sandwiched between the top and bottom pieces. My opinion is, you're not doing something right.

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 08:51 PM
we dont need to give opinions... you made it wrong, plain and simple... we can give opinions that we think you're an idiot, but would you really want that? :) The only person that has actually made this box said he has had the same problem. So who is the idiot now? Hell, I could of looked at the diagram and said it looked fine. :rolleyes:

bonesninja
01-20-2007, 08:53 PM
The only person that has actually made this box said he has had the same problem. So who is the idiot now? Hell, I could of looked at the diagram and said it looked fine. :rolleyes:

edit: I found an error ........the port piece should only be 18.50" long instead of 19.25" assuming that your total depth is 26" and the port is 6" wide throughout

djman37
01-20-2007, 08:54 PM
go re-measure your cuts.

*unsubscribed.

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 08:55 PM
The only person that has actually made this box said he has had the same problem. So who is the idiot now? Hell, I could of looked at the diagram and said it looked fine. :rolleyes:

it doesn't just LOOK fine, it IS fine!!! if you cut the pieces as the diagram says, and put it together as it says, it WILL go together.... just because someone else made a mistake aswell, doesn't mean the diagram is incorrect!?!?!? how about I go and make it? and when it works out fine, you give me 1000 bucks?

Platestacker45
When you guys say that you checked the cut sheets, are you looking at were it says what size to cut or the actual diagram. Are you sure the diagram is 100% correct when it comes to what boards go inside of what? That was our original problem in the first place, because it threw everything off when we fallowed the diagram.

Belunt
it is fine.....i've looked at the numbers......it is right on!!!!!
X2, did you start assembling this and glueing it?

SHiZNiLTi
01-20-2007, 08:56 PM
It's not that big of a deal to fix it during your build, thats why you measure as you put everything together and go from there.

I made a link about this the other day, read it in detail...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208982

gl0ck
01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Get it professionally done by belunt?

Belunt
Do this:
Measure all your cutsheets make sure they all match up with the cut sheets given. Don't even look at the diagram until you've checked you're cut sheets match the cut sheets listed. Then put them in the places shown on the diagram, everything put in between the top/bottom.

Death By Bass
When you guys say that you checked the cut sheets, are you looking at were it says what size to cut or the actual diagram. Are you sure the diagram is 100% correct when it comes to what boards go inside of what? That was our original problem in the first place, because it threw everything off when we fallowed the diagram.

the diagram matched the cut sheet. the cut sheet matches the diagram, if you cut to the cut sheet, you can assemble it as per the diagram...

I redrew the diagram to scale, measured all the pieces, and they came up the same as the cut sheet...

Belunt
01-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Get it professionally done by belunt?
/\ Hey I like this idea ;). Contact me if you still need any help AIM: BeluntsBoxes

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 08:58 PM
It's not that big of a deal to fix it during your build, thats why you measure as you put everything together and go from there.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208982 Thats another person who has had problems with this box. I knew it wasen't just me. Throwin (2) Type-R's in there as well. :D

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 09:00 PM

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208982

yes, the port thing was the only "problem" I found, but its not going to make any difference at all really, as the port already has a heap of area.

mattf
01-20-2007, 09:12 PM
yes, the port thing was the only "problem" I found, but its not going to make any difference at all really, as the port already has a heap of area.
and that won't affect the way the box fits together, especially since the OP said he was off by like 2 inches.

bonesninja
01-20-2007, 09:16 PM
and that won't affect the way the box fits together, especially since the OP said he was off by like 2 inches.

no it won't but it could affect tuning...if u build to diagram and change the port piece to 18.5" long then the port length now comes to 26" total if my math is right.

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Alright boys, after reading this: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208982&page=2
I am pretty **** confused now. Can someone tell me exactly what the problem with the design was and how I can fix it. I beilive we found the port to be .75 too long as well.

bonesninja
01-20-2007, 09:24 PM
lol that other thread is very confusing. they assumed the front baffle is 29.75" long but in reality it is 30.5. All is good if you make the port piece 18.5 instead of 19.25.

Belunt
01-20-2007, 09:25 PM
edit: I found an error ........the port piece should only be 18.50" long instead of 19.25" assuming that your total depth is 26" and the port is 6" wide throughout
Yep 18.5" for 6" clearance from the rear panel.

PhatTonyDeMarco
01-20-2007, 09:28 PM
You're still an idiot buddy. The other thread proves that a port length is not correct, throwing off your tuning, it will not prohibit you from correctly constructing the pieces.

If you made the cuts to what it says, it WILL fit together. You ARE an idiot...

NoLimit
01-20-2007, 09:29 PM
everything appears to be correct... you just ****... :) thankyou come again.

edit: yep, checked it all again, its 100% correct, you just **** :) lol

I laughed

bonesninja
01-20-2007, 09:30 PM
OK OK no reason to get nasty guys......but yeah the parts should fit and tuning is between 33 and 34 htz if the port is 26" long

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 09:33 PM
You're still an idiot buddy. The other thread proves that a port length is not correct, throwing off your tuning, it will not prohibit you from correctly constructing the pieces.

If you made the cuts to what it says, it WILL fit together. You ARE an idiot...
Thanks for your help "buddy". Love to catch little E-Thugs like you on the street and make them my little prison *****. If anyone is not smart enough to help me or give good advice, don't post on my page.

Death By Bass
01-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for your help "buddy". Love to catch little E-Thugs like you on the street and make them my little prison *****. If anyone is not smart enough to help me or give good advice, don't post on my page.

oh its YOUR page now is it? :rolleyes:

umm, we've told you what to do, and you dont seem to like the fact that you're a moron, so, umm, what do you expect?

also... are you threatening to have *** with a guy? are you gay or something? :eyebrow:

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Well hell... guess I'll go remeasure and see if I can find out what is wrong. I will cut the port down to 18.5 instead of 19.25. Thanks to everyone that actually helped me out. I sure do appreciate it!

Belunt
01-20-2007, 09:43 PM
I only hope your prison rape skills are better than your box building skills, otherwise this could result in some pleasureless intercourse. Although you'd probably come up about 2 inches short there too...BAAAAZING

TypeRBass
01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
if you were able to read box plans you wouldn't be having a problem. some pieces on the diagram he shows the internal measurments, some the outer measurments. look at the lines on the diagram to see whats what there. i'm figuring thats where you went wrong.

reading box plans > you.

Platestacker45
01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
if you were able to read box plans you wouldn't be having a problem. some pieces on the diagram he shows the internal measurments, some the outer measurments. look at the lines on the diagram to see whats what there. i'm figuring thats where you went wrong.

reading box plans > you. Why do some people on these Forums think they have to be a ****** to everyone else? You could just offer your sugestion and be done with it. And I did cut everything perfect as to the specs he gave, not to the drawing of the box. ;)

TypeRBass
01-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Why do some people on these Forums think they have to be a ****** to everyone else? You could just offer your sugestion and be done with it. And I did cut everything perfect as to the specs he gave, not to the drawing of the box. ;)

just because you can't read box plans. don't make me go build the box and show you whats up. i offered my suggestion on it. making sure you read the plans correctly. since you like to be a ******** about everything on here, i will be also.

uhoh45
01-21-2007, 12:20 AM
this is wrong it says that the box is 38" long and that the bottom piece shoud be 29.75

38-29.75=8.25
even with the wood being 3/4 inch the ports still going to be 6.75

i think i make sence im not sure though

PV Audio
01-21-2007, 12:29 AM
No, you're not sure. The box is 38" wide. The port is 6" wide. There's 1.5" of wood for each side. That's 7.5 inches. 38-7.5 = 30.5 which is what it says on the design.

You need to read the dimensions and not the diagram. If people learned how to read a drawing instead of blaming one of the best enclosure designers on here, then there would be no need for this thread.

uhoh45
01-21-2007, 12:34 AM
No, you're not sure. The box is 38" wide. The port is 6" wide. There's 1.5" of wood for each side. That's 7.5 inches. 38-7.5 = 30.5 which is what it says on the design.

You need to read the dimensions and not the diagram. If people learned how to read a drawing instead of blaming one of the best enclosure designers on here, then there would be no need for this thread.

My bad sorry:(

big_mofo
01-21-2007, 01:12 AM

i used that same design for my Massives, an it came out perfect......:veryhapp:

PV Audio
01-21-2007, 01:20 AM
/thread