PDA

View Full Version : Help on First Box

Blu84Rex
01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
As the topic says I need some help. I don't know poo about building these and tuning and stuff. I want to build a box for my 2 12" type R's where the subs are up and ports are back with a divider in the senter for support and just to have 2 chambers. Something like this.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1995/29cubes33hz36sqin5xd.png

The dimensions are 40"x12"x15" that I have to work with I may have a little more hight if I take out my spair and that may add around 5 in or so but it wouldnt be as wide either. I would like it tuned somewhere around 30-35hz no to worried its seems like a good medium.

I just can't figure if I need the areo ports or sloted ports and the length on them. If I need areo ports where do I get them and how much are they? If sloted how do I place them or does it matter. I am not looking to pay (sorry guys) for plans on the box just some help so I can learn it for myself. Thanks for the help.

Blu84Rex
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Anyone??

chucku
01-20-2007, 07:38 PM
My first box was sealed, made it pretty easy. I went to home depo with the dimensions and they cut everything. It screwed right together. I still use sealed boxes as I always drive trucks. Search the forum for formulas on porting and or search for your subs, Im shure someone has built something your looking for.

djman37
01-20-2007, 07:43 PM
If the plans are close to what you want|need, you could build THAT box, but cut the holes on top.

jeepintn
01-20-2007, 08:38 PM
not enough port IMO

jcbabb
01-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't think you have enough room to tune that low. The smaller the box gets, the longer the port gets, which again lowers the net box volume. You are wanting to shrink the box shown, and maintain the same frequency, and it just wont work. At least as far as I can tell?