PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 8600mp

uzy
01-19-2007, 01:33 PM
hey

on my headunti the audio settings have a slope setting for the speakers what does the slope do.

my headunit features the auto EQ mode, is it best to use that when fine tuning the sound in comps if you want to make the tweeter louder or less harsh

also what should the frequencies be set for with the sub and speakers

thanks for the help

nismos14
01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
The slope is how aggressive the crossover setting is. Basically if you have it at a higher number, there will be a higher level of attentuation of the frequencies that are being cut off, of not there will be a little bit of give, you'll get more of those those frequencies closer to the crossover point that you would have if you used a higher slope.

As far as your settings, let your ear decide. It's got to sound good to you, so our settings and opinions may not be worth a**** to you.

uzy
01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
The slope is how aggressive the crossover setting is. Basically if you have it at a higher number, there will be a higher level of attentuation of the frequencies that are being cut off, of not there will be a little bit of give, you'll get more of those those frequencies closer to the crossover point that you would have if you used a higher slope.

As far as your settings, let your ear decide. It's got to sound good to you, so our settings and opinions may not be worth a**** to you.

well i tried myself but i couldnt hear any difference, i kept the friequencies at 100 high pass for speakers and 80hz low pass for the sub as i read it in a book that frequencies above 100hz is for speakers and lower then 100hz is bass

nismos14
01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
What speakers are you running?

uzy
01-20-2007, 07:20 AM
i got some alpine S types 6.5 inch at the front doors they are amped and have the amp settings done by the guys at my car audio shop, the rear speakers are stock and they are powered by my headunit. in about 2 weeks im gona get the alpine SPX comps so i need to know how to fine thune this stuff so i can get good sound out of my speakers instead of wasting money on the SPX and having them shound crap

zSnb
01-20-2007, 12:56 PM
If you plan on getting new comps very soon then have at it with the cross over frequencies. Give all the frequencies a try and see what sounds best to you. Go ahead and try messing with your amp setting a little also. It probably wont really matter if you blow your stock speakers and this is probably a good chance to learn how to use it all.