PDA

View Full Version : basic alarm = better?

lookitsjim23
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
well im planning on getting an alarm before my system goes in and ive been reading up on some stuff...the question i have though is would it make any difference if i just got a basic alarm w/o LCD 2 way screen, remote start etc... and then just put the piezo sirens on the inside...then extra sirens on the outside + and extra backup battery...would that be just as good as a 400-500 dollar alarm without all the extra "special" features like being able to start the car and see exactly whats broken..it would just...i just want to know this b/c ive got the money to do one or the other...either get the 2way and all that...or ill buy 3-4 more sirens for inside and outside + an extra battery and just get a basic alarm...

any suggestions?

THUNDERBIRD
01-19-2007, 02:53 PM
get the 2 way u will be happier, i had a 1 way with extra sirens it is nice but i like the 2 way kuz it tells me everything

LinxuS
01-20-2007, 01:05 PM
IMO I'd rather get a better remote, with less piezos. Whens the last time you stopped to check out someones car alarm going off :-/. I remember being in a crowded parking lot one time, and my buddy accidentally set off his alarm, and he couldnt figure out how to turn it off. We had the hood popped, messing with the engine and everything. People would just walk by like nothing is happening...

A car alarm seems to give the thief more of a rush, too.

With a 2 way remote, at least you can come out and try to keep some of your stuff.. If someone really wants something, a siren is not going to stop them.

lookitsjim23
01-20-2007, 02:20 PM
but the piezos on the inside wouldn't be too nice for them on the inside..i just ordered 2 of those regarless of what i get for the car...but if i had those 2, plus 2 outside it would just be obnoxious, i mean more than a regular alarm.. but so far i seen 2 people that say the remote...im just trying to see what peoples opinions that have used alarms..anyone else?

gl0ck
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I <3 my 2-way i feel lonely and board when i demo units without it