PDA

View Full Version : pioneer deh6800mp h/u with ipod interface

jumpman_bsktbll
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Just wanted to know how exactly it hooks up. Ive read a couple of threads on reviews but no one really said on how it hooks up and I cant find it on the internet.
For those of you who have it, where did you put the actual interface unit? Under your seat?
Is this the best option for hooking up the ipod to a pioneer h/u? Ive seen others but this seems to be the king of them.
Thanks.

Supergumby5000
01-18-2007, 01:32 AM
just installed mine yesterday. Everything is just plug and go, except for the power and ground. I installed at the same time as the deck, so i just wired the power and ground along with the Headunit power and ground. Its only on a 5 amp fuse so it doesnt draw much.

For the interface box, mine came with velcro mounting pieces, so it can be moved around if neccessary. I mounted mine underneath the glovebox as far forward as possible (cannot be seen from sitting position in passenger seat). i havent tested it out yet due to the rest of the install not being completed yet (deadener takes forever when its freezing cold). But yeah, its all plug and play except for the power and ground i believe.

jumpman_bsktbll
01-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Good enough. Let me know how it is. Im probably going to buy it today.

MRCADDY
01-20-2007, 02:09 PM
the wires are pretty long on the PIONEER CD-IB100II I have mine mounted under my dash you run the IP-Bus pass-through to the HU then once it is all hook up tun on your Hu use the source button go to externel and your there and your good to go and the cool thing is you use you own remote to control the Ipod I have pic of mine in the photo gallery