PDA

View Full Version : What about these?

tukn18s
01-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok so I definetely would like to buy a set of Germs, or other high dollar components, but WHAT IF I went a more budget route on the speakers, nothing really cheap, but not something up in the 500 dollar range. Like these JBL GTI SERIES C608GTi, it would be a good match for my amp (JBL px300.4) and then I could afford to get some GOOD deadening product and do most of my car, as opposed to just the doors. What does everybody think? save up a couple more weeks or so and buy the germs, or will these be able to provide me with awesome sq? If nobody knows, then no big deal lol.
http://www.harmanaudio.com/images/products/front_large/C608GTI.jpg

Frankensuby
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't hear anything great about them.

I'd deaden everything nice and good and run your wires, then save for what you want. You'll spend less money in the long run and will be immediately satisfied with whatever you put in them. I wish I had deadened before doing anything else, now I have 1 million rattles, and not enough money to get deadening for awhile (car payment, ring payment, insurance...etc... blows)

tukn18s
01-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't hear anything great about them.

I'd deaden everything nice and good and run your wires, then save for what you want. You'll spend less money in the long run and will be immediately satisfied with whatever you put in them. I wish I had deadened before doing anything else, now I have 1 million rattles, and not enough money to get deadening for awhile (car payment, ring payment, insurance...etc... blows)

I know i feel ya, i am only 19, and i pay the exact same **** you listed. I guess ill buy the deadening first, then save up for the germs, i have speakers that will do the trick for now.