PDA

View Full Version : Ok, you help me decide between these 2 TV's.

bonesninja
01-14-2007, 02:19 PM
First is a 56" Samsumg DLP

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/DLPTV/HLS5688WXXAA.asp

Second is a 55" Sony 3LCD Rear Projection

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDF55E2000&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_55to8 0TVs

Samsung has AMAZING clarity and brightness as does the Sony but i think the Samsung has this catergory won. I can get both with matching stand and 2 year warranty with free in home delivery/set-up for $2000 cash and carry.

The samsung is full 1080p while the sony is 720p. Both have dual HDMI inputs and all the same hook-ups, but the Samsung has a gaming mode for the serious gamer, which me combined with my 2 kids=serious gaming. honestly, i could go either way on this one, mainly because of Sony's reputation and my experience with their products. However, i'm in love with the Samsung.

joetama
01-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Is the "gaming mode" for video games or sports events?

Might be something you want to look at...

Also, are you going to be using a device that outputs in 1080p or are you going to purchase one in the near future?

bonesninja
01-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Is the "gaming mode" for video games or sports events?

Might be something you want to look at...

Also, are you going to be using a device that outputs in 1080p or are you going to purchase one in the near future?

gaming mode is for video games.....and i do have a PS3 and plan on buying a HD-DVD next week

joetama
01-14-2007, 02:29 PM
gaming mode is for video games.....and i do have a PS3 and plan on buying a HD-DVD next week

Well then 1080p will be the way to go... Samsung 1080p wins it....

bonesninja
01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
oooo, i forgot....the samsung also has that awesome polished black mirror finish on the front bezel

joetama
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
oooo, i forgot....the samsung also has that awesome polished black mirror finish on the front bezel

:laugh: Sounds like you know which you already wanted....

bonesninja
01-14-2007, 02:43 PM
:laugh: Sounds like you know which you already wanted....

i pretty much have but you can never rule out the brand that has been so good to you in the past. Sony in my opinion, with the exception of their recent line of car audio products, is just awesome in quality and dependability. I have a 4 year old Sony Vaio desktop, sony camera's, dvd players, vcr's, a 1gen ps1 and 2 that still work amazingly well. Also, i used to have their old es mobile line of amp and subs and they were actually pretty **** good, one of the better sounding set-ups i've ever put together

quakerroatmeal
01-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I just got a Samsung DLP HL-SXX87W model. A little lower model and it's a 50" & 1080P. I really love how it looks. Haven't had much time to mess with it though. I would pick the Samsung over the Sony being that 1080P has a big advantage of 720P playing Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Disks.