PDA

View Full Version : Question for you home audio "audiophiles"

93 saturn sl2
01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
My yamaha 6.1 receiver has 'A' and 'B' front speakers. Currently I just have my Cerwin Vega RE-30 floor speakers hooked up to 'A'. I have another pair of MTX home speakers that I want to hook up to the 'B' channel, but will that mess up the home theather aspect?? Having 2 sets of front speakers.

joetama
01-14-2007, 01:22 PM
No....

You know I am very disappointed by this question... I got all excited when I read the tittle and now nothing but disappointment..... **** IT....

You are just going to be doubling up your main speaker. So you will be running 2 lefts and 2 rights. Which means you are going to have some weird coupling things going on unless you only run one set at a time...

Is there a reason you are wanting to do this?

Beat_Dominator
01-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Uh, not necessarily but if you want to avoid cancellation issues that would probably arise between the two sets I wouldn't do it personally.

93 saturn sl2
01-14-2007, 01:40 PM
No....

You know I am very disappointed by this question... I got all excited when I read the tittle and now nothing but disappointment..... **** IT....
Is there a reason you are wanting to do this?

Sorry for disappointing you...lol

I just thought it would sound better???

joetama
01-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Sorry for disappointing you...lol

I just thought it would sound better???

Well, it could.... But most likely it won't...

Oh, and it's ok I forgive you!

Rich B
01-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Dont forget that running both A and B is off of one channel at the same time effectively runs your front channel amp at half the impedance.

Many recievers have serious issues running at a low impedance.

joetama
01-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Dont forget that running both A and B is off of one channel at the same time effectively runs your front channel amp at half the impedance.

Many recievers have serious issues running at a low impedance.

Very true.... I did not think of that... Usually what I have seen the A/B used for is when people have two different types of speakers. I do this when I used to A/B speakers back and forth....

Sometimes, people use them for bi-amping but it's not really bi-amping at all....

PV Audio
01-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't do it permantently, but see how it sounds and then let us know. :)