PDA

View Full Version : A good choice of four new speakers?

inVINCEable667
01-12-2007, 10:18 PM
I plan to get four Kicker DS60's in my car. I plan to power them with a Power Acoustik PS4-240 pushing 50 watts RMS to the speakers at 2ohms.

The speakers are rated at 50 watts RMS max. Is it safe to push them more than this, say 70 watts?

Also, can you split a 2 channel amp that has say 100 watts RMS per channel to 50 watts RMS to four speakers?

I listen to a lot of rap, I am of course concerned with audio quality, but not too much, and I already have a 15" sub in the back so I really am not concered with the lows, just some speakers that are capable of putting out some loud, quality sound.

Thank you for any advice.

azbass
01-12-2007, 10:21 PM
that set up is not going to give you loud quality sound.

inVINCEable667
01-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Alrighty then, thank you :)

Frankensuby
01-13-2007, 04:48 PM
PS4-240 is 35 RMS x 4, not 50. I have one in the GF's car. It also does not filter out any electrical noise whatsoever, so beware of that. On a note, after I reconmfigured everything, and grabbed 2 isolators, it sounds decent.

Also, do you want components or coaxials?

Either way, if you want to stay cheap on the components, get a set of Phoenix Gols Octane ZR (of your appropriate size). For coaxials, hit up the Octane R series.

As far as amps, I'd suggest atleast overshooting RMS rating by about 30 RMS per channel if your sticking with Power Acoustik. That way, you will hit your wanted RMS and have a little headroom to reduce noise caused by interference.

As far as splitting a 2 channel into a 4 channel (which i think you are saying) that would be a negative. each speaker needs to have its' own channel, unless you wire them in parallel, which is pointless and time consuming on fullrange speakers.

As suggestion, I'd rather get this: http://acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_34&products_id=867

or This: http://acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_34&products_id=575

Before Power Acoustik.