PDA

View Full Version : remote start on manual?

jmoreno150
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM
dont know much about alarms and starters but i would like to know why isnt it a good aidea to do a remote start on a manual drive car? i hear u can and u cant or u shouldnt.

bri487
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
manuals can be left in gear and when you hit the remote start, they dont really care that they are still in gear, they can take off. a friend of a friend had a porsche with remote start and his kids were playing with the keys and the car took the washer and dryer through the back wall of the garage.

however, compustar offers i believe the only manual compatable remote start systems. you have to leave it in neutral when you exit the car and it will let you start if it was left in neutral and nobody has entered the vehicle since you got out and locked the door. if someone has, it figures the risk is too great that it could have been put in gear and it disables the feature.

jdawg
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
you can make any manual car have remote start, just bypass the neutral safety switch, just remember not to leave it in gear

iceteebone
01-11-2007, 03:28 PM
reminds me of the time i was at school and this chick parks next to me in a van and i went to start my blazer and forgot to throw the clutch in and it jumped forward over the curb and the chick next to me freaked and parked her car on the other side of the parking lot. well after she was gone i moved and parked next to her :laugh:

bri487
01-11-2007, 03:29 PM
you can make any manual car have remote start, just bypass the neutral safety switch, just remember not to leave it in gear

thats not a safe or smart way to do it at all. he was asking why it wasnt a good idea.

bri487
01-11-2007, 03:30 PM
reminds me of the time i was at school and this chick parks next to me in a van and i went to start my blazer and forgot to throw the clutch in and it jumped forward over the curb and the chick next to me freaked and parked her car on the other side of the parking lot. well after she was gone i moved and parked next to her :laugh:

we convinced some chick that my truck had a clap on clap off thingy installed in it.

one day i was working and had my truck with me over at united rentals and i was picking up a trailer and front loader. i parked it kind of out in the middle of the lot and one of the guys there walked over to it and was leaning with his head in the fenderwell checking out all the suspension work. i dont mind if people look, but dont touch, so i started that ***** up and he whacked his head so hard in the fenderwell.

jdawg
01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
thats not a safe or smart way to do it at all. he was asking why it wasnt a good idea.

never said it was, i wouldnt do it. I have seen 2 cars pretty much totaled because of this.

bri487
01-11-2007, 03:41 PM
never said it was, i wouldnt do it. I have seen 2 cars pretty much totaled because of this.

next time remember to throw that in there.

jmoreno150
01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
thanx fella yea i saw the compustar maunual one =. i just installed a compustar on mines but its not manual. i was just askin cause pops wanted one. thanks fellas

jluv
01-11-2007, 06:50 PM
There are several alarms out there that allow you to safely have remote start on a manual. Usually they require a specific exit procedure. Or some will only remote start if you exit the car with it running (via the feature on the alarm that allows you to remove the key and leave the car running) and then kill it with the remote. Since you left the car running when you got out, it was obviously not in gear. Now you can start it back up with no worries.

bri487
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
thanx fella yea i saw the compustar maunual one =. i just installed a compustar on mines but its not manual. i was just askin cause pops wanted one. thanks fellas

i got my dad a compustar 1W900FMR for christmas. his truck is too big to fit inside so i felt sorry for him.