PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to roll up a power window manually?

sumone
01-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah it's cold as heck and I got a bad switch (my window won't go up)....anyone know how to roll it up manually?

Astyl
01-09-2007, 08:51 PM
you dont.

Randy Savage
01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I know a buddy of mines motor died in his door.

I pulled off the door panel, and pushed up the window from inside the panel.

9512ds
01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
very carefully?

azbass
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
youll have to pull the door panel off.

sumone
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
lol...ask a question at ca.com and you get sarcasm, but seriously...I already tried just pulling the **** window up(with the door panel off of course) but it ain't goin' anywhere.

CBFryman2
01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Open the door up and push it up manually. Some motors will allow this, others wont.

If it is just the switch jerry rig it untill you can get a new one. :) pull the wires off of it and touch them togather to make it go up and then tape the ends so they dont shor tout or w/e and buy a new switch.

the727kid
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Bad Switch? Does it have 2 window switches on the same thing (one for passenger), if get a piece of wire and touch the lil metal contacts that move up and down when you press teh button together. I forget the exact prodcedure but it worked for me.

sumone
01-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Bad Switch? Does it have 2 window switches on the same thing (one for passenger), if get a piece of wire and touch the lil metal contacts that move up and down when you press teh button together. I forget the exact prodcedure but it worked for me.

It's got four (it's the drivers door window)...the three other windows can be controlled by this switch, except on this door, the window can only go down (with ease)....just not up.

kotec123
01-09-2007, 09:11 PM
get someone really strong and just yank up on it. It hapned to me and i just pulled up on it as hard as i could .....literally. and it finally went up

sumone
01-09-2007, 09:12 PM
get someone really strong and just yank up on it. It hapned to me and i just pulled up on it as hard as i could .....literally. and it finally went up

Do yours still function normally afterwards? I'm not afraid to do that...whenever you fix something you have that 'pullin' limit where you feel if you pull any harder something'll break; but if it worked for you, I'll try it.

billabongcr
01-09-2007, 09:14 PM
<-- didnt read replies.

take your door panel off, find the + and - window motor wires. touch them to a battery, itll either roll up or down. reverse them for opposite direction.

that is unless your motor is shot

kotec123
01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
yea mine works fine ever since

j3bus2k3
01-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Did the same thing but I sat inside holding the switch up while my dad pulled it up...

22mountaineer
01-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Did you get this fixed? There is a way to do it with a battery charger but IDK exactly how to do it. You have to pull the panel off and conect it to something.

jdawg
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Did you get this fixed? There is a way to do it with a battery charger but IDK exactly how to do it. You have to pull the panel off and conect it to something.

all a battery charger does is gove you a 12v source, you could jump power to the battery too. What kind of car is it?

sumone
01-11-2007, 05:02 PM

Yeah I got the window up...I wasn't making progress 'cause I was trying to jump the two wires at the switch (and I would see sparks). Once I finally concluded the switch was bad, I just cut the wires and touched them together and the window went up (no sparks). Switch OEMs for about $100, eBays for about $30.