PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass door pods for Wrangler

PESteele
01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
i offered to make door pods or something of the like for my friends wrangler. Taking my advice hell be using Pioneer Rev 6.5 comps off of a RF 350s. Im pretty proficient at fiberglassing ive built a wakeboard and a skimboard before and alot of boat repair work. My question is where do you think i should put them. The stock 4x6 locations are in the dash facing straight back so i could fg something to fit in there or i could make something that could be mounted to the door panel or i may be able to do kick but im not sure how its set up down there. What do you think my best option would be.

acold7dusta
01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
is there enough room for kickpods?

PESteele
01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
im not sure thats why i said id have to see about that option

PowerNaudio
01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
on the doors aiming at an angle would look cool.

PESteele
01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking. I would probably put the tweets in the stock location pointing at the headrest

PESteele
01-09-2007, 09:03 PM
any more suggestions. I think ill go with the door pods since the doors are flat and i wont have to do any major curves

W8 a minute
01-09-2007, 09:15 PM
What is he going to do when he removes his doors?
How are you going to run wire to them? Wranglers don't have any wiring in the doors from the factory. No speakers, no pwr windows, no pwr locks.
There's enough room to make a wedge shaped enclosure below the door. As a former Wrangler owner I wouldn't want speakers in my doors.

Make something similar to this:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_01.htm

PESteele
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
**** forgot about that. Thanks ill keep that in mind

billabongcr
01-09-2007, 10:38 PM
you could put a connector in the wire and still put them on the door, and just unclip the connector when taking doors off if thats a route your determined on taking.

let me know how it goes man, my girl gets her 88 jeep this weekend

PESteele
01-10-2007, 07:46 AM
will do

PowerNaudio
01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
or use them connectors they sell for making electrical contacts like the doors in a van use, you can find those in any electronics online store like mouser.com . and they are very reliable and you don't have to disconnect anything just remove the door when you want to and put it back and the connection is there so you have sound in your doors with out the hassle of disconnecting wire every time you remove and install your door. the only problem i see is that when you open your door with the stereo on, you kill the sound going to your door. haha. but other then that they serve the purpose.