PDA

View Full Version : Box Desings for 2 15" Mags

kballa422
01-09-2007, 08:00 AM
I got 2 15" SI Mags that will be in tomorrow and I was planning on having my box built for me but I just don't have the money so I'm going to do it myself. I'm sure I could do it if I just had the designs and some pictures/sketches.

The vehicle is a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I dont mind using all of the trunk area. Max dimensions are 41"W X 19"H X 26"D. I want the subs and the port(s) facing back towards the hatch. Nick recommended 8ft.^3 net, tuned to 30Hz and each driver should get around 40in.^2 of port area. So anywhere from 7.5-8ft^3 is good. Driver displacement is .5ft.^3 total (both 15's). I'd like to have the port in the middle inbetween the two drivers so it looks more balanced. It will be a slot port.

Hopefully thats enough information, if someone can help me out with the design that would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a lot of ppl on here who know what they are doing and know how to design a good quality box, so help me out guys. thanks.

rpfuror
01-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Here you go. Pretty close to what your looking for, you can probally pull in a little lower tuning depending on if you want to brace the box or not (you probable should). PM me for details about the design.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/rpfuror/Box%20Design/8cu33hz.jpg

bdawson72
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM
good job on teh sketchup