PDA

View Full Version : rumors

limitkid7
01-16-2003, 12:08 AM
is there an alarm that will alert you (keychain) when someone is messing w/ur car?

A LIST OF QUESTIONS -
-how much is it
-where to buy it
-is it reliable
-is thereanything out better than that

MikeofTulsa
01-16-2003, 03:32 PM
some have the ability to send a message to a pager to alert u....not really sure as to which ones are capable of doing this

Savant
01-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Check this out..

http://www.12voltshop.com/proddetail.asp?prodid=MT-3000&cat=16&path=1,16

Hmm full selection..

http://www.12voltshop.com/pager.asp

limitkid7
01-16-2003, 04:02 PM
i just see myself trying to get on installed when i get my next car, b/c i have put too much money and time into this stuff

DarkHemprey
02-20-2003, 11:38 AM
There prollyare some out there but i dont think it would be cheap

Brock
02-20-2003, 12:37 PM
We just installed on on a friends car about a week ago. I think it was a Hornet alarm, but im not really sure. Next time I talk to him I will let you know all the info. Its a very nice alarm, but a ***** to install. :)

mgaidica
02-20-2003, 12:51 PM
my friend was talking about a viper alarm i think, well it was one where it paged you and it told you what part of your car was being tampered with. I dont know the model but I believe it went for over 500 bucks..

v8s10
02-20-2003, 12:58 PM
yeah i think it's viper too.. i almost bought it for my explorer.. it has a lcd unit that will beep and stuff when your car is being messed with..

id rather just get a decent one and a lowjack.. people are more into stealing the whole car here..

i've got the factory alarm, and a viper, so im cool... 2 alarms in one car. works for me... just need to get a keychain thing for the viper one... didnt know i had it till i found the light for it.. dealer didnt even know.

khi
02-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Yup, there is definetly something to that extent....this guy @ school bought a 98 civic hatch riced out to hell.....body kit, new rims, altezza lights, HUGE can muffler, re-done interior (not very nice) blue led washer fluid sprayers, blue windshield wipers, lowered....and what really ticked me off, was the kit...it was screwed on...with all screwes showing.! there were at least 50 of them!!

but anyways :D

He had an alarm on that car, with a keychain, and everytime someone touched his car, his keychain would vibrate, beep, and show either a hand or a hammer tapping on the car, depending on how hard the pressure was to the vehicle....although he had it SUPER high, since if anyone even touched the TIRE the alarm would beep ad vibrate and show the hammer... :D

Brock
02-20-2003, 02:58 PM
http://www.asianwolf.com/caralarms.htm

nln327
02-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Yes, there are alarms that will "page" you lcd remote. I have one and it works great..if an alarm is set off on your car....your lcd remote will start beeping to let u know. You can actually buy the alarm at best buy or any other shops that sell Viper. I had the Viper 550 and i upgraded to this alarm...cost me only 150 cause the they really only changed a few components from the 550.

It is made by Directed and works great....the only bad thing about it is the battery life...gotta change the **** thing about every 2-3 weeks.

But overall...i am very happy with it:D

limitkid7
02-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by nln327
Yes, there are alarms that will "page" you lcd remote. I have one and it works great..if an alarm is set off on your car....your lcd remote will start beeping to let u know. You can actually buy the alarm at best buy or any other shops that sell Viper. I had the Viper 550 and i upgraded to this alarm...cost me only 150 cause the they really only changed a few components from the 550.

It is made by Directed and works great....the only bad thing about it is the battery life...gotta change the **** thing about every 2-3 weeks.

But overall...i am very happy with it:D

very much worth it in my opinion, thanks - w/all the stuff i'm have
2 hifonics amps, 2 jlw6v2 12, cap, alpine hu, and 2 sets of components, it'll be needed...

can't just bolt stuff down these days!

ridered36
02-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Check ebay...they have alot of the things you are looking for and a good unit can be had for pretty cheap.

Natheo
02-21-2003, 01:01 AM
i have a viper on my 2000 impala, but not the responder, which is what they call it. waste of money IMO, cause half the time your not going to run out to your car if they thing goes anyways, cause you cant. By the time you get there, whatever hit it or tried to break and enter is probably gone anyways. I think it just stupid **** for bragging rights. If your not close enough to hear your car alarm, then your not close enough to get to your car very quickly.

tommyk90
02-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Natheo
i have a viper on my 2000 impala, but not the responder, which is what they call it. waste of money IMO, cause half the time your not going to run out to your car if they thing goes anyways, cause you cant. By the time you get there, whatever hit it or tried to break and enter is probably gone anyways. I think it just stupid **** for bragging rights. If your not close enough to hear your car alarm, then your not close enough to get to your car very quickly.

You make a valid point, but what if your just chillin in your friends house and somebody tries breakin in your ****? My friends truck got broken into while we were inside his house like 40 feet away. Didn't hear ****.

Natheo
02-21-2003, 01:07 AM
i live in northern michigan. does that explain EVERYTHING? besides, im looking at putting a 180 decibal siren IN my car, so while some jackass is taking my ****, their ears can bleed. im just afraid it might go off while IM in it.

ezorderusa
02-21-2003, 11:49 PM
I recommend the Clarion Ungo MS2007, or the Hornet 554T

www.ezorderusa.com
ebay user id: ezorderusa