PDA

View Full Version : Camaro z28 Custom Box Question

ariindny88
01-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Hey guys, i got a question or two. Alright heres the first problem. I have 2 12" type x alpines. I have a custom enclosure for my camaro that looks just like this :
http://www.subthump.com/acamarottop.htm .

1. I havent installed it yet but i want to make sure that it is gonna pound the right way. now by no means am i a car audio expert but i have read about people fine tuning there boxes to work the best with there subs. would i be able to do this with my box or do you have ot do that in the building process of a box.

2. and also, what would be the best amp/amps and speakers and for this car.

3. i also need an amp wiring kit. i dont no which one to choose.

Your help is greatly appreciated guys. thanx

406er
01-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, i got a question or two. Alright heres the first problem. I have 2 12" type x alpines. I have a custom enclosure for my camaro that looks just like this :
http://www.subthump.com/acamarottop.htm .

1. I havent installed it yet but i want to make sure that it is gonna pound the right way. now by no means am i a car audio expert but i have read about people fine tuning there boxes to work the best with there subs. would i be able to do this with my box or do you have ot do that in the building process of a box.

2. and also, what would be the best amp/amps and speakers and for this car.

3. i also need an amp wiring kit. i dont no which one to choose.

Your help is greatly appreciated guys. thanx

primarly the only time you "tune" or build a box for a sub is when the sub will be ported or vented. im asuming these will be sealed

as far as what amps to get, it realy depend on your budged, and voice coil config of your subs. i recomend US amps.

and as far as a amp witing kit, if i plan on pusing those subs to there fullest potential, your gonna need 2000 watts, wich requires and large gauge wire. your gonna need 0 gauge wire. i receomend street wires.

ultimate157
01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
primarly the only time you "tune" or build a box for a sub is when the sub will be ported or vented. im asuming these will be sealed

fine-tune a box can mean size/space as well. If the box is a bit too small for a pair of Type-X's (dont know specs of either) then the use of polyfill would change the acoustics.