PDA

View Full Version : Any problem mixing tweeters and drivrs from differant makers to get the sound you wan

ksauers
01-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I am assuming there is no problem doing this. Is there something you have to watch for to make sure they are compatable?

alphakenny1
01-06-2007, 04:39 PM
i'm guessing meaning going active right? in the active world this is very common and this is called "DIY." meaning mixing and matching speaker brands to fit the sound that you like. i mean i have mixing speakers right now: lotus 8, lotus 4, and rainbow cal27 running my front stage and i love it :).

i would highly suggest if you going active, do some research at diymobileaudio.com. if you can't audition speakers, try to read as much as possible over there to find out what kind of sound you like. there are numerous threads about specific speakers and its characteristics.

the places that diy speakers are sold at are partsexpress.com, madisound.com, solen.ca. there are others as well.

ksauers
01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I won't be going active,too complicated for me. I would use whatever crossover comes with the tweeter.

squeak9798
01-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I won't be going active,too complicated for me. I would use whatever crossover comes with the tweeter.

Then yes, there are many problems or degredations in performance that can occur when attempting to combine speakers with passive xovers.

Just purchase a prebuilt component set so you don't have any issues to contend with.