PDA

View Full Version : remote start//keyless issue

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
so finally got around to working on my father 03 deville remote start. it is in and works. the problem now is that when the car is remote started we can not unlock or lock the doors, the horn honks like it would when you lock or unlock but nothing happens with the viper remote. but if it is remote started we can unlock and lock with the factory remote still. my buddy who installed it with me who has 15 years experience in installing RS is stumped so now we have to call dei, but problem is neihter he nor i work for a directed certified shop. he used to and is gonna try that info. but any one have any ideas? it is a 160xv with a 1700g data bypass. the pk3 wire isnt hooked up kuz there is no box for it under the dash or behind the brake pedal. PLEASE HELP ME someone who knows these, like azbass, kaezoo, shyne151 i know you guys know these things.

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 11:01 AM
anyone this morning

azbass
01-06-2007, 11:20 AM
how did he tap in to the power door locks? are you sending the factory door lock wires a neg. pulse or a pos. pulse?
can you lock/unlock the car at all? or does it only happen when you remote start it?

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 11:34 AM
the door locks are running threw the 1700g data interface that interface does all the features and the bypass for the key. we can unlock and lock the car anytime, but when the car is remote started we cant.

azbass
01-06-2007, 12:01 PM
anything in the manual, for programming? im not too familiar with that alarm, i know the doors should lock automaticly when you remote start it.

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 12:06 PM
no nothing in there for programming. thats what i was thinking too so he tried his bitwritter on it and it didnt work, he hasnt updated it in a few years, kuz it didnt even read my 791 the other when i tried to use it.

azbass
01-06-2007, 01:27 PM
take the alarm lock/unlock wires off the interface, and wire em directly to the factory lock/unlock wires. they should be a neg. pulsed wires.

Shyne151
01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Like azbass said, go straight to the doorlock wires... red/black is lock and orange/black is unlock, they are a neg trigger. Do you have the factory alarm disarm wire hooked up? if you go straight to the doorlock wires, it *might* set off the factory alarm when they are unlocked/opened.

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM
ok we will try that. but this morning my dad asked me why the car wont remote start. so now i am wondering should i get rid of the 1700g data bypass and just do a key in the box bypass?

KaeZoo
01-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I've never used a 1700G and I can't even find a manual at DEI's website. The module seems to be the source of the problem, though. I'd double-check the wiring at the module and make sure you have the remote start's status output connected to the correct wire at the 1700G. Since DEI uses similar colors for unlock and status wires, you might have something mixed up.

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 05:18 PM
ok i will do that. later tonight when i get home i will post the instructions for it. i know it is a 1 wire hook up at the data port.

1badimport
01-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I had the same problem on a different car-same bypass. The DEI tech told me to change the ground location on the bypass, and to make 100% sure it's tight to bare metal. If there is any differrence in the ground resistance it will act up. Dunno, car has not came back yet for me to check.

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2007, 05:41 PM
ok yeah i do question the ground spot on it. i guess on some of the big bodied cars this is a common issue.

THUNDERBIRD
01-07-2007, 12:09 AM
we are gonna try the 555u on it anyone did one with the 457g? i heard it has worked

azbass
01-07-2007, 10:59 AM
i really dont like useing the interface mods. they dont always work right. id tap straight in to the door lock/unlock wires from the alarm, and not have it run from an interface mod.

THUNDERBIRD
01-07-2007, 02:48 PM
i am begining to have the mindstate too. we are gonna get the 555u and try it. i know we have to go into the drivers door to get the wires, but whatever, gotta do what we gotta do. thanks for the help guys i appreciate it.

azbass
01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
no prob. let us know how everything works out.

THUNDERBIRD
01-15-2007, 09:58 AM
UPDATE but not really, kinda latteral movement. got the 556u for $20 from my friend who knows a CC installer, tried it out last night it worked, just that i didnt have the right torx socket to off the top of the steering wheel shround and it was like 25 out so we stopped pulling the door panel off so we wouldnt crack it, my garage isnt heated. so next weekend i am taking it out to the garage where it is heated and we are gonna get it done plus thats where the good tools are. if anyone knows how to pull the drivers door panel off on a 03 deville it would be much appreciated, we got half of it off, the screw out at the top behind the handle, but it is hung up in the center area and cant figure that whole connection out(has a wiring harness on it) and it was cold so we stopped before we broke the panel, but it is starting with the 556u when we put the ring around the key cylinder, just need that socket to finish it.and no its not going to a shop to get finished we are now pissed off and gonna figure this out.

THUNDERBIRD
01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
anyone on how to get that door panel off?

THUNDERBIRD
01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
well got it finished today took us about 4 hours kuz we took our time with pulling that door panel off, wasnt that bad but still was a pain kuz of the hidden clips, there is one behind the window switch that is easy but the hard one is the one u have to use a long panel tool on to release. works great here is a picture i too, to rub it in on another site that wouldnt help me with anything and would say they knew how to get the panel off but wouldnt tell me. http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/thunderbird1994/Jan20_001.jpg ps that is not me in the pic it is my buddy

azbass
01-21-2007, 12:30 PM
yeah caddy doors can ****. i have an idea to take it off. but i would need to be there with you., cant really tell ya online.

but. looks like you went straight for the lock/unlock wires. so you should have no problems now. :)

THUNDERBIRD
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah it kinda ****** to take it off, then to grab the locks it is on the door panel so we made a plug with male and female spads so it is removable now. the door handle is all electronic in it so that was nice for putting it back on, my buddy was like **** i didnt hook up the door handle then he was like wait i never disconnected it. works great i am gonna to and test it here in a minute to see how it works kuz it has sat all night.