01-04-2007, 01:45 AM
the one thats installed correctly.

wlmrs
01-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Cadence IMO!

VQ35max
01-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Cadence IMO!

I have the same Cadence set. Not the best IMO, but definitely tough to beat for the price.

wlmrs
01-04-2007, 02:28 AM
I have the same Cadence set. Not the best IMO, but definitely tough to beat for the price.

Very true!I guess this is the best for me since this is the 1st pair of 6.5's i've owned.I'm happy with them.

alphakenny1
01-04-2007, 02:35 AM
horrible thread. doesn't even state budget or anything. many mids have different characteristics so "best" is very subjective. some like laid back, some like detail. everyone likes a different flavor.

azngotskills
01-04-2007, 04:10 AM
^^^agreed....maybe you sould be more detailed about what you want in a mid and the budget you are in

my answer: The most expensive one :D

T3mpest
01-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Are you talking component sets, standalone mids?? Ahh, **** 06!

SQChevy
01-04-2007, 10:09 AM
^^^agreed....maybe you sould be more detailed about what you want in a mid and the budget you are in

my answer: The most expensive one :D

If that is the criteria I know the Focal Be No 7 Component set with the cross block goes for around 4,800 MSRP. I don't have the ones with the cross block but I do have to say, **** they sound good. I know the new Be's run similar drivers to what is running in the new Focal Grand Utopia Be towers which go for about 90K per pair.

The Rainbow Reference line seems to go for about 9,900 MSRP, but I have yet to find anyone who runs them. Plus I don't know what type of plant they have to determine if part of the cost is complex design, lack of sales and needing to make a profit on time spent, or it's worth that much.

PremierAudio
01-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Don and I have both run them. I know there are a few others out there that have had the chance to run the Reference line....the look like ***. All in all im happy with the Germaniums!

WLDock
01-04-2007, 01:49 PM
The Rainbow Reference line seems to go for about 9,900 MSRP, but I have yet to find anyone who runs them. Plus I don't know what type of plant they have to determine if part of the cost is complex design, lack of sales and needing to make a profit on time spent, or it's worth that much.

These are "The BEST" right? They cost the most......:D

Speakers are SO different and choices are subjective...Only YOU can have the ability to say what it BEST for YOU!

1.) Decide your application and how far you plan to go with your install.
2.) Define your price range.
3.) Be realistic about the ability of the installer/tuner. Extream far feached example: (There is no need to drop $8K of the Rainbow Refs, if this is your first install and you plan to just drop them in your 1998 Civic!) See my point? Find a balance......and use other opinons as a means to bring attentions to a product but not as WORD or the final say. Go listen for yourself and let your ears decide.

Myself, I have been into car audio since the early 90's and right now I feel the best speakers are DIY combos....You can get the best of each driver that suits your taste to make a unique componet set... And in most cases you will save money and not loose anything in terms of sound.

It's all about the music!

PremierAudio
01-04-2007, 03:57 PM
^ couldnt have said it better my self.

SQChevy
01-04-2007, 05:38 PM
These are "The BEST" right? They cost the most......:D

Speakers are SO different and choices are subjective...Only YOU can have the ability to say what it BEST for YOU!

1.) Decide your application and how far you plan to go with your install.
2.) Define your price range.
3.) Be realistic about the ability of the installer/tuner. Extream far feached example: (There is no need to drop $8K of the Rainbow Refs, if this is your first install and you plan to just drop them in your 1998 Civic!) See my point? Find a balance......and use other opinons as a means to bring attentions to a product but not as WORD or the final say. Go listen for yourself and let your ears decide.

Myself, I have been into car audio since the early 90's and right now I feel the best speakers are DIY combos....You can get the best of each driver that suits your taste to make a unique componet set... And in most cases you will save money and not loose anything in terms of sound.

It's all about the music!

Sorry, that wasn't exactly what I meant. The comment I initially quoted said the best was the most expensive and they were joking around. I just replied to their joke. I didn't mean that seriously of course. It was under a no budget situation. I have been into car stereo for over 3 years and I started with JL Audio and moved my way up through Rainbow and now Focal. Everyone does have their own ears and preference, I was simply mentioning mine. :)

///M5
01-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Best sounding 6.5 is easy, it is the one with the best install.