PDA

View Full Version : No Digital Input? WTF HELP!

NOIRtist
01-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Well, heres the low down. I just got a hand me down surround sound system from my pops. Its this one here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_SC_HT740_home_theater_system_5_1_channel/4505-6740_7-31829688.html?tag=sub

Now, I'm trying to set up my original Xbox to play surround sound through the system. I found that I need the Xbox Advanced AV pack to do this... HOWEVER, herein lies my problem. The Advanced AV pack has a digital audio output jack (along with the usual svideo and audio/video composite outputs) but my surround sound system doesn't have a digital audio input. WTF?! Right now I have it so my xbox is going to my TV (Vizio 42" Plasma) and the TV audio out is going in to the composite audio aux input on the surround sound unit.

The TV itself has a digital audio output, but it says its for the DTV coaxial input. Is there maybe a way to use that as a possible work around? Or any other suggestions...

This would **** if I couldnt get it to work for my xbox, but atleast the DVD's will sound bad ***.

Scoobydoo
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
unless the receiver has a digital audio input or 6 channel discrete inputs you wont be able to get DD/DTS sound from another source

NOIRtist
01-03-2007, 07:38 PM
I was afraid someone might say that... oh well. I appreciate the help tho!