PDA

View Full Version : Alpine SPX

DejaWiz
01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Yep. Pure SQ. Beautiful thing. Got my 177R's running off CH 1+2 of an Infinity 7541a amp. I'm impressed with everything these speakers do.

DejaWiz
01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
How are your tweets mounted?

DejaWiz
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
And you have the crossovers jumpered for the proper angle settings?

Also, you might want to temporarily place the tweets in a better on-axis location, like mount them (with velcro or double stick tape while experimenting) on the a-pillars or sail panels aimed more towards your ears and see if that makes a big difference.

bdawson72
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
uh do u wanna sell em 2 me

DejaWiz
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
uh do u wanna sell em 2 me

:laugh:

DejaWiz
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
How about your amp crossover settings?

DejaWiz
01-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Good plan...hopefully yield something positive for you. Let us know.

WhoSayWho?
01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
You know, with some components it seems to me that they HAVE to be turned up really loud before you really get to hear the full range of music.

I know you are somewhat unhappy with the Alpines, but do you find that they put out a nice range of music before they are pushed really hard? I guess what I am asking is whether their weakness to some might be a strength to someone who does not care to have their music loud all the time.

DejaWiz
01-03-2007, 03:27 PM
You know, with some components it seems to me that they HAVE to be turned up really loud before you really get to hear the full range of music.

I know you are somewhat unhappy with the Alpines, but do you find that they put out a nice range of music before they are pushed really hard? I guess what I am asking is whether their weakness to some might be a strength to someone who does not care to have their music loud all the time.

This is exactly one of the appeals of the SPX's for me. More often than not I don't drive around with my system blaring as loud as it'll go....I still want to hear and enjoy music when I'm 40. And the SPX's sound clear and crisp no matter what volume I have them at.