PDA

View Full Version : Building a WALL

bump'n
01-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Ok,I've been searching old post's and couldn't find any thing on building and tuneing a speaker wall. Building a wall isn't the problem it speaker placment. I am walling a undetermind number of sub and am unsure of port placment. Now I have seen most wall's with sub's and port's fireing tward winshield,but I have talked to a number of people who say that's a bad way to do it. Ok ,tell me if I'm wrong,in a ported box the sub is playing the sound as it was meant to be heard but the sound from the port is out of phase because it's fireing from the back of the speaker. I have seen a lot of guy's with hatch back car's fire the sub foward and to port back to correct the out of phase problem. Now in a wall porting the back of the the "box" would kind of defeat the whole wall thing. Is this not a problem since I will be doing this for SPL and not sound quality ? My only other issue is when a sub is in the trunk and faceing the back of the car the front of the car is loud as hell,now place the sub box in the back seat and face it foward it sound's BAD" not like I would care going for SPL" but it dosn't seem any where near as loud. Now is this becuse the back of the car isn't blocked off,hence the wall,and the sound wave's are reflecting off the winshield into the trunk ? I am unsure of proper port placment and the whole out of phase thing. I would like some input.

AudioAnonymous
01-02-2007, 12:58 AM
What's a wall? Pics?????

Kenny Pollock
01-02-2007, 01:00 AM
What's a wall? Pics?????
LOL Geoff, I lol'ed

Trey803
01-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I know there were at least 5 that have been done.....one recently was that dudes explorer I forget his username though

iamamp3pimp
01-02-2007, 04:23 AM
trey tha tone isnt done.

project pimpedout97x

Kenny's wall thread

the wall build in my sig

lloyds wall tutorial on carstereos.org.....and then some