PDA

View Full Version : 4" port

Grateful
01-14-2003, 06:58 PM
If i'm cutting a port for a 4" port what do most people use for material and do i cut the hole in my box that size or would it be bigger tho fit somthing in there with a 4" hole.

paikiah
01-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Grateful
If i'm cutting a port for a 4" port what do most people use for material and do i cut the hole in my box that size or would it be bigger tho fit somthing in there with a 4" hole.

popularmaterials used is a PVC pipe...

there are mftrs who sell ports with flared ends to minimise air turbulence...

as for the actual cutout.. buy the port first and measure the exterior dimensions...PVC pipes aren't 1mm in thickness..

Grateful
01-14-2003, 07:06 PM
If either way i'm going to buy one what would be better to get.And do they make ones that are 11" long if i didn't use pvc.

paikiah
01-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Grateful
If either way i'm going to buy one what would be better to get.And do they make ones that are 11" long if i didn't use pvc.

hmm, I don't think so...

in that case, you're better off buying a PVC pipe and just using the flared ends that can be purchased separately~

evo2k3
01-14-2003, 08:48 PM
i dont think there is any way to connect the flares to the pvc....and I have not seen 4 inche flares either....just use pvc...paint it black to match the carpet.

BigBoomer
01-15-2003, 05:02 PM
why would he paint it black if his carpet was not black????
If his carpet was gray then he would paint it gray...you told him to paint it black...~misinformationgiver~ :p :p

evo2k3
01-15-2003, 05:50 PM
grrr....grow up...honestly