PDA

View Full Version : another budget thread

munchies
01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
well im finally getting around to upgrading my mids and highs. my budget is $250 for both a component set and an amp. Like all of us i want something loud and good sounding, im currently running one type R so the bass shouldnt be too hard to keep up with (although i do plan on upgrading the sub stage soon). my door fits 5.25'' speakers and id like to keep it that way, in other words, no cutting. I looked at a few other threads with a similar budget and crystal comps came up a few times, any opinions on those?

Intercooler
01-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Acura or Honda? Where did you get the 5.25 size? That is probably what my car supposedly takes but I have a deep 6.75" sub/mid in there. The Crystals would be a good set in that range but I believe they are as large or larger than my CDT.

Hintzyboy
01-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Check out THESE CDTs (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3079). CDT makes great speakers. Those are the right size, and since they are the Neos, you shouldn't have to worry about mounting depth issues.

Hintzyboy
01-02-2007, 01:55 AM
I have a Memphis ST2004 I'll sell you for $100 shipped to your door too. Puts out 150w x 2 bridged at 4 ohms. PM me if you're interested, and I'll get you pics.

munchies
01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Acura or Honda? Where did you get the 5.25 size? That is probably what my car supposedly takes but I have a deep 6.75" sub/mid in there. The Crystals would be a good set in that range but I believe they are as large or larger than my CDT.

2006 acura rsx. and sorry but im looking to buy everything new

munchies
01-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Check out THESE CDTs (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3079). CDT makes great speakers. Those are the right size, and since they are the Neos, you shouldn't have to worry about mounting depth issues.

ill have to do a little research on the CDTs, cant say im very familiar with them. Second opinion on the CDTs anybody? or the crystals for that matter

bk12321
01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
ill have to do a little research on the CDTs, cant say im very familiar with them. Second opinion on the CDTs anybody? or the crystals for that matter

CDT makes amazing midranges

Hintzyboy
01-05-2007, 04:01 PM
2006 acura rsx. and sorry but im looking to buy everything new

It will be hard to find a good amp that puts out the power you need for $100 if you're looking to buy new. Like you said, this is a budget setup. A good, reliable used amp beats the hell out of a crappy new amp IMO. Not trying to push my amp on you. I'm just saying that if you want to get the best system for your money, good used equipment is your friend.